Monday, March 12, 2012

Weekend wrap-up

Man this Daylight Savings time change is hard! After a packed weekend and getting less sleep, I couldn't make myself get up at 6AM to run this morning! I will definitely be going tonight... it's time to get serious, because my next half marathon is only about a month away! Yikes. I did get a 4 mile run in on Saturday morning before all the activity started! It's getting SO hot here in Florida that early-morning runs are quickly becoming a necessity.

Eric and I went to Dick's Sporting Goods yesterday and I found my next pair of running capris! Totally getting these before the race! :-)



In other news... I got a slight hairstyle change this weekend! I took Friday off to get ready for our big BBQ party, and took the opportunity to get myself to the salon. I had been debating on getting bangs for a while... especially since Eric expressed his opinion on how they are "sexy" lol ... so I bit the bullet and got 'em!




I definitely like them, but they are taking some getting used to. I feel like they make me look way younger, and I'm not sure how I feel about that ... but that's partially because the last time I had bangs I was about 13 years old. Haha. What do you think... should I keep them? :-)

Oh.. here's an updated picture of our new living room and the furniture! It's so awesome to finally have this room how I want it with nice stuff!



So we had a great BBQ on Saturday, lots of good friends, food and fun! I made this to die for crock pot macaroni and cheese (I just Googled "crock pot mac n cheese" and took the first one I saw! I wasn't sure about it based on the picture... but it turned out SO FREAKING GOOD) ... it was gone in like .7 seconds! I also made my Skinny Buffalo Chicken Dip which is always a hit. Needness to say, between the amazing food and drinking my bodyweight in Captain and Diet's, I totally bombed my calorie-counting habit/diet this weekend (even though I've lost 8 pounds so far! Yay). BUT- I'm back on track today and ready for a good week!

Happy Monday and I hope you're adjusting to the time change better than I am! ;-)

2 comments:

  1. LOVE your new bangs!! Super pretty :-) And your new living room furniture looks great!! We redid our furniture last March and it is amazing HOW much a few new pieces can change a room for the better. Sounds like a FUN weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the hair and the furniture. I had bangs about three years ago and they didn't last long, but my fiance hated them! I would love to have them again :)

    ReplyDelete