Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Perspective

There is so much going on around us, sometimes just taking the time to realize it takes our minds off  our own problems. This week I've heard of a wide range of things going on -- some terribly sad, some happy -- but all of them have drawn me out of my own head and into prayerful and positive thoughts towards others.

Some sad news...

This darling, lovely girl whose blog I've grown to love... her mother passed away a week ago Sunday. She wrote a beautiful tribute to her here. I suggest you go read it and be inspired.

Another woman whom I've never met, but stumbled across through another blog... her husband was tragically killed in a car accident a few days ago. They have two young boys. You can see her blog here.

Note: Another blogger I follow is doing a little fundraiser for this family on her Etsy site. Find out about that here.

Finally, another girl I have never met but have been following her pregnancy journey on her blog... she has been trying to get pregnant for nearly four years. She got pregnant once and had a miscarriage. They just went through one round of IVF and it failed. She is struggling right now and, once again, I can sort of relate. You can read her blog here. She is doing so great at keeping the right perspective and attitude, but I'm sure it's hard. They are in my thoughts and prayers.

Now, the happy news!!

An old childhood friend I'm still friends with through Facebook just brought home her new baby boy, Jadon, yesterday! They went through a private adoption agency becuase she has never been able to get pregnant. They also went through one failed adoption before this one (where the mother decided to keep the baby at the last minute - can you imagine?!?). I have a special happiness for her, because I can relate to how over-the-moon she must be feeling taking this little one home after so many years waiting for him. I don't have a link or anything, but this was her Facebook status earlier today:

"Thank you Lord for our precious gift of Jadon. We got home with him yesterday afternoon and have been introducing him to friends and family ever since. He is doing so well, just taking in his surroundings! He slept a few hours stretch together last night which was a blessing. I wish I could post pictures of him, but the agency doesn't allow putting pictures online. I will be mailing out postcards, though! Thank you again so much, everyone, for loving us and loving Jadon!"
In other news, this blog friend of mine Katie is about to pop out her baby! She and I talked early on via email about their struggle to get pregnant, and she had some of the same issues as I did. Then she suddenly got PREGNANT and is currently at 38 weeks! I'm so happy for her!

I'm putting this in the "happy" section even though some may not consider it so... my bestest friend Jen found out today that she didn't get a promotion she had been working at for two months. Yes, that is sad. But I'm so happy for her, because a closed door means another open door somewhere else. There obviously is something else planned for her near future. Plus, now that she's gone through this process, she will be even more prepared next time around for this promotion!! :) I love you Jen, and while you deserve all GOOD things, I hope you remain open to the BEST things yet to come (and yes, I'm preaching to myself).

Finally, I'm so grateful that my sister and my nephew JJ are ok! My sister wrote on Facebook this morning that she was almost hit head-on by a vehicle driving in the wrong lane, but swerved at the last minute and thankfully everything turned out ok. It's one of those things that make you think about the "what if" of what could have happened, and then remember God is in control and breathe a little prayer of thanks for His protection. This is what my nephew (4 yrs old) had to say about it (obviously it's an exaggeration, but it cracks me up!!):

"JJ wanted to call James [his dad] afterwards, and made up this huge story about how we were being chased by bad guys, "and him rolled down him window, and him pulled out him gun and him shot at me and mama had to drive lightning truck really fast and change to the other side of the road and I was not scared."
Ahhh, I'm so grateful that God is in control of the sad things and the happy things. Life is good, because God is good! I am grateful for that.

7 comments:

  1. heh, we blogged at the same time. for the record i'm tired of doors closing. but it makes for good writing.

    http://bootyandbrains.blogspot.com/2012/03/power-of-negativity.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome as usual! I am so glad you get inspired like this to write!
    It's all in our attitude and perspective...something you are pretty good at.
    Sorry Jen about you not getting that promotion but I'm with Steph. Bigger things in store!!
    I am very grateful too that God has kept our family safe! It's not something we as parents take lightly!
    Love you bunches!
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. God is so very good...so comforting to know that WE don't have to figure it all out because He already knows. We just have to learn how to be patient. (ha!)

    I can't imagine some of these struggles that people are going through...it seems SO unfair. I don't get it. You're right though, it's all about perspective.

    Thanks for your sweet words! It really makes me so happy to know that my "blog friends" are genuinely happy for us. I cannot wait for the day you announce your bundle on the way :) I have faith that it will happen. Continued prayers for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This reminds me of that quote by Regina Brett "If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else's, we'd grab ours back."

    I love your perspective and honesty. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great blog! Thanks for mentioning me and my blog. :)
    I don't know if you have seen yet, but we have decided to do a second round of IVF later this year. It was a very hard decision to make.
    It has been a hard road, and we are glad to have the Lord to get us through it. Otherwise, the pain would crumble us.
    Your blog is amazing, even when I'm behind in my reading, and I thank you for looking to God in EVERY situation- something I need to learn a little better. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stephanie,

    I am so inspired by you. Thank you for mentioning me in this beautiful post. Of all things I have been so astounded and overwhelmed by how powerful people are in their acts of kindness. My family and I have been showered in support and I am left in awe because in a time of the unthinkable, the words that feel like they may do little in the face of tragedy, do SO MUCH. It has taken me so long to get back to people, and for that I apologize. I have to tell you though, reading notes like yours kept me going. You're amazing. Thank you for being such a Lovely soul. From the bottom of my heart.

    All my Love,
    B.
    That Girl in Pearls

    ReplyDelete