Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Water Detox

So, I meant to write this post on Monday when I started this detox, but this week has been cray-cray.

Anyway, on Monday I started the Jillian Michaels 7-day water detox. It's a recipe of 60 oz. of water, 1 TB pure cranberry juice, 2 TB lemon juice, and a bag of dandelion root tea per day.

I couldn't find pure dandelion root tea (don't have very good "health" stores around here) so I bought two different kinds of tea - the EveryDay Detox Blend has dandelion root in it, and the Super Slimming blend is a variety of herbs (pictures of ingredients below).


The first day, I only put one EveryDay Detox bag in, but the second day on I've been using one of each and I love it! It tastes sort of bitter at first, but you totally get used to it. It's easy to drink the whole thing in one day.


EveryDay Detox ingredients

Super Slimming ingredients 

I was expecting it to taste nasty, but it's actually not that bad! I bought myself a 20 oz. cute little class bottle at Ross that I take with me everywhere, and I drink 3 of them a day. I just keep it at my desk or take it with me to a meeting or lunch, and it's gone in no time.


So far, I've lost 2.6 pounds! Of course, I'm doing this in combination with a healthy diet and limiting my calories to 1200 per day, along with exercising every day. I'm alternating running 3 miles one day and doing a Jillian Michael's DVD the next. I will give myself one weekday off (probably Friday) and then do one long run over the weekend, between 5-8 miles.


So far, some co-workers have asked me about it and are doing it as well. We're having a weight-loss competition at work for the next 12 weeks, so I think I will do this every other week (supposed to give yourself a one week break). I will keep you posted on the results! :-)

3 comments:

  1. I'm curious to see how it works! Good luck, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've thought about doing some kind of detox but I've been skeptical.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds manageable! I like cranberry and lemon...I think I wanna try it, too.
    TMI questions, though--> does it make you pee an excessive amount? and what about detox going the other way :S
    Any weird side effects to look out for?

    ReplyDelete