Monday, July 25, 2011

Weekend re-cap

I had such a fun weekend!! For starters - I RAN 8 MILES Saturday morning! I got up at 5:30AM to beat the heat, and man, it was a tough run. I felt like dying at 5 miles, so the last 3 were all mental. But it's good training for me to get ready for the half marathon coming up. I would have never believed I could do this (running for an hour and 45 minutes!) if you told me a year or more ago. But I'm feeling accomplished and so excited to check this off my bucket list!

I saw a bunch of friends over in Tampa this weekend, and all of my family plus all three nephews! It was a good time. I got super sunburnt Sunday morning hanging out in my friends pool (sans sunscreen...oops), and I'm feeling it today. When will I ever learn?

Speaking of sunburn, you can sort of see it in this picture. My friend Brittany got me this shirt for my birthday, and I totally love it!























I'm really looking forward to this upcoming weekend. I feel like I haven't seen much of my hubby latley... he worked 80 hours last week (all 7 days) and I'm REALLY happy he has this weekend off! :-)

OH - my hair stylist told me about this place near me that has Bikram Yoga classes. She swears by them and says it's really good for you, especially runners, because of the stretching. I think I'm gonna try a class this Thursday night. Has anyone done it before? It's 90 minutes that that seems like a long time to me. Ha!

How was your weekend?

Happy Monday!

4 comments:

  1. Love your shirt! It looks awsome on you! You look so skinny girl!
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel ya on the missing the hubby thing! Mine is working 6 days this week...12 hour shifts. Sucks. Love your new shirt and you look great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woohoo! Good job on the mileage logged! I LOVE yoga (even Greg does because it loosens you up so much!) but I've never been to bikram. I'm sure that our gym has it, but I'm nervous to try it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm just now catching up on your last 3 posts. (I've been so bad about the blogging world of late) So here's my comments: 1) Yeah for mom knowing you so well. Ha!
    2) Yeah for losing 12 pounds...and I am so jealous. You are so uber cute!
    3) I wish I could join you and do that yoga class. Wonder if they help out crippled old ladies do it too? :) --have fun!

    sure do love you!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete