Thursday, July 28, 2011

Weekend plans and yoga poses... whaaat?

I don't know about you, and I know it's only Thursday, but I'm soooo looking forward to this weekend! :-)

First of all, I just started a new class so things are easy right now... which equals no little to no school on the weekend! Yeaayyh! This Saturday I plan to go running (thank God it's an off week, only 4 miles!), grocery shopping, probably house-cleaning too, as always. But Saturday night, we have plans to go to Dave & Buster's in Orlando with Eric's Sheriff's Office friends/co-workers.

I've never been, but it seems like a lot of fun! Eric has been before and said they have some really good drinks (Lord knows I'm down with that!), and even though I'm not a big game player, I think it will be fun with a bunch of friends!

Sooo, I may be a glutton for punishment, but tonight I'm going to try that Bikram Yoga class! I've been running the past two mornings, so I hope I don't walk like an old lady tomorrow (like I did after my 8 miles last weekend!). I've never even done just plain yoga, so I'm not sure exactly what to expect. In the past I did a yogalaties class (yoga and pilates combined) which I really enjoyed. It's harder than you think! These pictures sort of freak me out!


However, it does seem like a pretty cool sequence. THe class is 90 minutes and you go through 26 positions and 2 breathing exercises. I found a pretty good website explaining the poses here... and here's a picture of each of them:


So I'm nervous but excited! I'll definitely let you know how it goes... and how I feel tomorrow. :-) I'm anxious that I might like it a lot, and then get hooked on it. It's not cheap (each class is $15), so I may only go once a week or so if I do end up loving it.

Happy Friday Eve!

3 comments:

  1. tell me how it goes! ive heard from a couple coworkers who are runners that yoga is excellent, especially when training. im such a terrible stretcher (i just wanna go run, and then be done!) and have already had to work/stretch thru shin and foot sprains :/ one of these days i'll learn my lesson, ha!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. DB is really fun! I've been a few times. Those positions look crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been wanting to try Yoga but I don't know much about it - I'm anxious to hear how your experience is!

    ReplyDelete