Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Coming back to life

Our little vacation to Indiana has come and gone... and I have lots pictures to prove it!

On the plane...

We took my nephew JJ with us, and he was having a blast!






















We headed over to my grandparents house for a couple of days. It was fun to see counsins, aunts and uncles! After a couple of days there, we drove back to Mom and Dad's with JJ to spend the rest of the week. We saw some fireworks...




















JJ couldn't make it through the whole fireworks show... it was really long, and way past his bedtime! :)






















The next day Mom, Dad and JJ went to see Cars 2, and Eric and I saw Transformers 3! It was my first 3-D movie experience... It was cool, but I'm not totally sold on it!

















Then, I drove about an hour to spend the night with Sarah, my friend from Florida (who moved up to IN about 3 years ago). We had a fun night of girl talk, and then went out to get some drinks in her new Benz! :)




















Hmm... what else. Oh, we met up with my Aunt and Uncle for dinner the night before we left.













































After 5 days of fun, we headed home! JJ missed "Goey" (aka grandma), but was ready to see mom and dad.



















It was a fun trip, but definitely exhausting traveling with a 4 year old! My goodness. Props to you moms out there. I'm sooo not ready for that... thank goodness they start as a tiny little package and give you time to adjust! Haha!

We got home early Thursday morning (2:30AM early...) and so all day Friday I just cleaned, did laundry, and got my drivers license renewed.

I woke up Saturday so.damn.sick.

It's like I was hit by a truck. I was trying to put off going to the doctor, so I just relaxed at home for the weekend, and really did feel better by Monday (my birthday!). So I went to work, and got all kinds of goodies for my birthday! Eric got me flowers and brought me Panera for lunch. Aww. :)
























We went out to dinner and I had a margarita...






















And then I woke up Tuesday morning feeling like I'd been hit by a truck again. I finally gave in a went to the doctor, and he told me I had bronchitis! Ugggh. I won't even get into the fiasco at the pharmacy  (Iwastherefor1.5hoursbecauseirefusedtopay$100forantibiotics)... but after 24 hours of the drugs and some rest off work, I'm feeling a bit better today, so I'm back at it. This sucks. I'm hoping it's all cleared up by this weekend so I can do something fun for my birthday!!

How was everyone's fourth? I know I'm late, but hey... I have a good excuse!

4 comments:

  1. Great pics. Hope you get better too. Guess we just ran you too much, eh? :)

    Miss you all so much. Uncle Dave and Aunt Cathy and Marianne are all coming over Sat night for a birthday dinner for Dave. I'm going all out...should be fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, looks like a great vacation!! Go you for traveling with a 4 year old!!

    Happy Belated Birthday!! Hope you get better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope that you get to feeling better! It looks like your trip was amazing! I worked all of 4th of July weekend and didn't even see the fireworks, by the time Monday rolled around I was so tired that all I wanted to do was sleep! Love all the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hoping you are feeling better by the weekend. Love seeing all your pics and looks like you had a great time!!

    ReplyDelete