Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Update on things...

As promised, here are some more pictures of the house! I didn't get everything I wanted to get done this weekend, but we did quite a bit.

First of all, the main living room. We stayed up one night/morning painting until 5AM just to get it done (we did the 2nd living room too, pics later).

Before:

















During:

















After:

















I have pictures hanging on the other wall too, but I suck at taking pictures so you can't see them! LOL

Also I plan to get these up soon in the kitchen to replace the ugly lights:

















And one side of the master bedroom - no pics hung in there yet:

















Today is my official "back to the routine" day. My classes start up again, and I'm back to my running routine. I set my alarm for 6AM and almost didn't get up to run, but I'm happy to report that I made it! :) I treated myself to a non-fat salted caramel hot chocolate on the way to work too.

I hope everyone had a happy new year! I spent Friday night with my in-laws and we went out in downtown Orlando for some drinks. We came home just in time to watch the ball drop on TV, and I stayed up until 2AM watching the performances after that.

Since Eric was working, I sent him this "new years kiss"! LOL!

















This is the second year since we've been married (that I can remember) that we've been apart for New Years.The first year we were married he was in Iraq so I kissed my friend Sarah's dog at midnight.

Yeah, she loved it.























Last year we were together!






















This year I picked up my dog Amira and gave her a little kiss for old times sake... haha! I'm sure there will be many more New Years Eve's where Eric will be working, so I don't mind kissing the puppies. Haha.

As for the standard "new years resolutions", I, for one, don't normally make resolutions in a new year. Many years ago I was tired of all the hype about suddenly trying to change your life and habits just because it's the first day of the year. Personally, I'm more successful at starting up new habits at random time throughout the year, like on a Wednesday in May or something. I usually don't tell anyone, I just do it. For whatever reason, it works for me.

I wasn't going to do a "reflection" post back on 2010 because, well, everyone does it and it's kinda ... cliche. Plus who wants to look through their news feed and see all these 2010 reflection posts? Haha... maybe I just wierd. But I was looking back through my Facebook pictures last night and realized we did so much in 2010 that I just have to reflect on it! I'll hopefully get that post together later this week. :)

Happy Tuesday everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Haha that picture you sent him is too hilarious! In a good way.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a cute pic that you sent your hubby and i love the pic of you kissing your dog, so sweet!

    ReplyDelete