The Huffington Post lists 100 things to make 2011 the best year of your life. As I read over these, I loved each one of them. Some are so profound, and some, so simple. I think it could take a lifetime to give each one the attention it deserves.
Read them. Think about them.
Part of me wants to break these up into 2 a week (or 8.333333333333 a month :) and actually do them. Have examples of each. Just a thought.
1. Know that you have a mission.
2. Gain perspective.
3. Embrace challenges.
4. Surround yourself with people who are on the same page.
5. Seek out mentors who can inspire your path.
6. Define your personal and professional boundaries.
7. Clarify what your skills are worth.
8. Reinvent yourself.
9. Think of yourself as a corporation.
10. Learn to act instead of react.
11. Take advice only from people who've been in your shoes.
12. Eliminate distractions.
13. Grow your focus.
14. Watch your thoughts. They play a role in your reality.
15. Pay attention to details.
16. Learn to listen more.
17. Look beyond appearances.
18. Practice more gratitude.
19. Increase your stamina.
20. Meditate. If you don't, learn.
21. Know your priorities.
22. Write out your goals in full. Be specific.
23. Under-promise and over-deliver.
24. Keep your word.
25. Maintain integrity.
26. Take a leap of faith.
27. If you have a dream, go for it.
28. Keep your plans to yourself.
29. Speak less and do more.
30. Don't settle.
31. Take time to smell the roses.
32. Go to sleep early.
33. Make that phone call.
34. Need help? Ask.
35. Make your own opportunities.
36. Refine your mannerisms.
37. Be mindful of what you accept into your mind.
38. Read more.
39. Think savvy but be humble.
40. Accept your present situation as is. It won't last forever.
41. Flow instead of resist.
43. Have faith.
44. Be a leader.
45. Remember that money is not everything, but satisfaction is.
46. Be authentic.
47. Expect more from yourself.
48. Remember that you are the creator of your destiny.
49. Apply more passion to everything that you do.
50. Define your vision.
51. Remember that patience is a virtue.
52. Breathe when in doubt.
53. Remember that perseverance is king.
54. Stay motivated and pass it on.
55. Speak with more clarity.
56. Declutter your environment.
57. Make time to be with family.
58. Remember that every setback is a set-up.
59. Be more creative.
60. Think outside the box.
61. Don't follow the herd.
62. Carve out your own niche.
63. Be bold. Be brave.
64. Trust your instincts.
65. Know your worth.
66. Ignore your haters.
67. Don't brag. Let your efforts speak for themselves.
68. Remember that timing is everything. Don't give up.
69. Use more logic than emotion.
70. Cultivate discipline.
71. Know your values.
72. Beware of temptation. It comes in many forms.
73. Think twice before you act.
74. Know your weaknesses.
75. Acknowledge the one/ones who gave you an opportunity.
76. Say "thank you" to everything -- the good, the bad and the ugly.
77. Be the kind of person you'd want to meet.
78. Say no to distractions.
79. Follow your bliss.
80. Remember that clarity precedes manifestation.
81. Remember that your life matters, and you matter.
82. Remember that failure is not a option.
83. Surround yourself with people who know more than you.
84. Eliminate jealousy.
85. Eliminate competition from your mind.
86. Do not compare yourself with others. It will cost you.
87. Eliminate shortsightedness.
88. Practice long-term thinking.
89. Build credibility.
90. Remember that greed is not an ally.
91. Build your life on your terms.
92. Take care of yourself.
93. Know your opponents.
94. Know your limits.
95. Preparation invites opportunity.
96. Take responsibility. Refuse to cast blame.
97. When in doubt, walk away.
98. Ask for what you want.
99. Remember that love knows where to find you.
100. Remember that determination unlocks the door to your potential.