Monday, December 13, 2010

Needed: Christmas menu items!

Hi again! It's crazy around here, between this being my last full week of work for the year, painting, (we're only done priming the apartment, gotta finish painting on Wednesday night after work!) packing, moving, school and menu planning for Christmas! That's where I need some help...

I was stressing the other day about what to make for Christmas dinner, as I'll have only been in our new house for 4 days and will still be unpacking and painting. My hubs family and grandparents are coming over too. That's when the hubs suggested I get a ham from Honeybaked Ham since there is one right up the street from our new place! What a brilliant idea! It kinda sucks that a regular ham and a small turkey breast are like $80, but I'll pay for conveince this time (also because I don't even know how to cook a ham).

I'm getting the HoneyBaked Delicious Duo:















Now, I need ideas for side-dishes! I feel like every idea I have is coming from Thanksgiving, and I don't want to do the same things. My MIL is probably making green bean casserole and mashed potatoes. I need other ideas, along with dessert! Help please? ;)

I'd like my table to look like this for Christmas, ok? Thanks! :)

3 comments:

  1. You know you could carry on the Larkin tradition and make swiss steak. Once you get it in the pot, it is so easy. Mashed potatoes, beans, gravy and some delish dessert is all you need. I can send you that recipe (I think)...and it would be a ton less than $80!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can even have it ready the night before and just stick it in the oven that day for a few hours. EASY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As far as side dishes, I would do something with corn, like a corn salad or casserole just because its easy and most people like corn.

    Dessert, I'd again go with something simple. A pie that you can make with graham cracker crust, like a chocolate pie or peanut butter.

    ReplyDelete