Tuesday, December 28, 2010

House update!

I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas! Mine was very backbreaking busy with HOUSE STUFF! :)

We closed on December 20th, and moved in that night with the help of friends and family. I stayed up until 2AM unpacking most of the kitchen. Thankfully I had taken the entire week off... I needed it! The next day we took down the awful palm tree wallpaper in the kitchen/dining room and painted soon thereafter.

Here's a "before" shot, you can see some of the wallpaper left...


















And after:

















I love it so much! We painted it red, and replaced the light fixture. I also bought a painting for the right side of the wall that isn't in this picture, and I still want to get some decor for the cutouts in the wall.

Also done is the guest bathroom:






















And the office:

















Both living rooms are in progress ... should be done by this weekend. I'll post before and after pictures then.

In progress is the master bedroom:

















We painted it Monday night a grey color, now I just need to decorate... which could take a while because I'm not sure what I want! We have a gorgeous bedset that I still need 6 pillows for, and I want pictures, etc. for the walls.

Guest room is a horrible peach color that will need to go away soon!






















(apparently the pups don't mind the color! lol)

That's it for now! I'm back at work today, and it feels good to have a routine again. I can't wait to go for a run tonight... it's been 2 weeks! I'm still not "in sync" with the new house (I feel like I'm always forgetting to do something before I leave ...) but I'm sure it will happen eventually. We're getting a security system installed tomorrow which will make me sleep better at night when Eric is working!

I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday with their family, friends, or whoever they spent them with! What are your new years plans?? One guess as to what I will be doing...... painting the living rooms! :) Ha!

4 comments:

  1. Wow!! All of the rooms look awesome-- love that red color with the white doors/frames. As much as it kind of is a pain to paint, I love it!! Can't wait to see more :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, you guys are good workers...sure you don't want to come up to our new house and help us? We'd love it. Ha.

    Your place looks awesome. Enjoy!! Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the dining room color! Looks great girl! We are supposed to close on our house on the 13th of jan and it won't be looking that good for awhile!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish we could have moved into our house that quickly but when you pay less than $100k for something you know it will be a lot of work!

    Congrats :) the place is adorable!

    ReplyDelete