Thursday, October 7, 2010

Bad blogger and my new normal

I guess this is going to be the "new normal" in my life, so I might as well stop apologizing for it! But I feel bad not blogging more often than I do! Sometimes it just seems repetitive to post "...I'm busy, busy, busy", but it's the truth.

I tell you what, this conference we have coming up February is taking up any extra time I may have had before. I have been coming into work early, not taking lunch, and staying late for the past 2-3 weeks. And I don't see that slowing down any time soon... probably actually just getting worse, though I can't even imagine that right now.

The good part about all of this is, I love it. I love our agency and I have the best boss who recognizes everything that I do. I love this new responsibility and the opportunities that planning this conference is giving me. It's a huge step in the right direction. You know what they say, that if you love what you do, you'll never work a day in  your life. That's how I feel.

In non-work related news, life is so good. The weather is perfect. My husband is loving his new job at the Sheriff's Office. I got a "get out of jail free" sticker for my car and took off my "Air Force Wife" one. It's the new normal people, and I've adjusted. I love that too.

It's looking like 2011 is going to be a big year for us.

I'll keep you posted. :)

3 comments:

  1. miss you..

    i BETTER NOT find out via blog or fb that you are freakin pregnant. i'll kill you! lol ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand about being busy, my homework for the one class I'm taking is soooo time consuming! On top of that I've been busy with my internship and stuff at home. I think sometimes we have to put the fun of blogging aside as much as we hate it.

    Hope you have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha...very cute, just now checking in. Tell Eric I want one of those stickers!!! :)
    We are up in Goshen...and leaving in a little while to drive Uncle Dave back home then off to the Indy airport...then home. FINALLY!

    Don't know if I work this weekend or not...maybe we can connect if I don't.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete