Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Back on track

The past few months I've only been half-heartedly following my Weight Watchers "program", just using my head to try to "guesstimate" how many calories or points may be in something I'm eating. I've cheated a lot on weekends, and yes, gained 2-3 pounds. The one positive thing is I've kept up my workout regime, which is good because it's much harder to start working out again after slacking off!

But that's all stopping this week! I'm back to logging in and tracking everything I eat. Seriously, this is the one thing I would recommend to anyone who wants to lose weight or maintain. Track everything. Once you educate yourself and realize just how many calories are in that Frontega Chicken sandwich at Panera (srrsssly Panera, almost everything on your menu is 1000 calories!) you would be shocked. And it keeps you on track.

So far this week:

Monday:
Food: Slimfast shake for breakfast, some carmel corn to fill in the cracks, turkey chili and baked chips for lunch,  King Ranch Chicken (WW recipe) for dinner, and 1/2 a slice of homemade pumpkin pie.
Workout: I ran Sunday night, so I got up and did weights at the gym for 30 minutes

Tuesday:
Food: Granola bar for breakfast, carmel corn (I gotta get rid of that stuff!), I plan to have leftover King Ranch Chicken for lunch and homemade spaghetti for dinner.
Workout: Ran 2 miles. Thinking about doing another work out with the hubs tonight (I'm trying to motivate him too! He's doing great with eating better, but not so much the working out part. :)

I hope to keep this up and you'll have to hold me accountable! :)

Happy Tuesday!

2 comments:

  1. I cheated on my diet A LOT this weekend and I need to get back on track. I'm trying to limit myself to one carb a day for the next few weeks to get back on track!

    I found some awesome apples on sale at our grocery store this week and got lots of veggies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah for you. I need someone to help me...I have so failed lately. Gained so much weight back. Blah. Hopefully I can get back on board and do good again. Felt so much better when we did.

    ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete