Thursday, September 30, 2010

It felt like Fall this morning, and here's 10 reasons why I'm glad it did.

1. COOLER WEATHER
If you've ever been to Florida, drove through Florida, lived in Florida, or even flown over Florida, you know we have one season: Summer. That equals HOT almost 365 days of the year. Last year we were lucky to have some nice cold weather (there was even "snow" sightings in northern Florida) which about killed off all the natives.

This morning I went running and it felt like Fall. At least it felt like Fall could be making its way here on the back of the slowest turtle in the universe. But it was a glimmer of hope. It's only going to be in the 80's for the rest of the week, and 60's *gasp* in the evenings!














2. DECORATING
I decorate for two things: Fall/Thanksgiving and Christmas. Sometimes I'll put a patritotic wreath up for July. But still, from October - January we always have some sort of decorations up, and I love it.
















3. HOLIDAYS
Thanksgiving and Christmas are my two favorite holidays. I love menu planning and finding new recipes to try, and of course keeping the old, traditional recipes alive.


















4. WINTER CLOTHES
Something I've noticed about Floridians is that most of us have two sets of clothes: summer clothes and winter clothes. I put my winter clothes away about February and don't pull them out again until November. So as you can see, we have approx. 3 months to wear them which makes this time super duper exciting.















5. BETTER HAIR DAYS
I have relatively thin, straight hair. I do my best to make it look thicker on any day of the week. When it's hot out and/or humid (aka every day) it goes competely FLAT. It gets sweaty and nasty and I hate it.

Therefore the cooler weather and lack of humidity is a miracle worker for my hair. I have the best hair days when it is cold outside. No flatness, just poofyness. Yes.



















6. FAMILY TIME
As much as I dislike driving across the state, I love seeing family around the holidays.

















7. PAID TIME OFF
The best thing about November and December is that I get almost half of each month off. It's super amazing. And I get paid.

















8. THE END OF THE YEAR/START OF A NEW YEAR
It's always hard to believe when the year comes to an end, and it seems to go more quickly every year! But either way, I love fresh starts and new beginnings. I don't like to make "resolutions" but I love the thought of a whole new year with lots of possibilities waiting!



















9. DID I MENTION COOLER WEATHER?
Oh ok, I did.

10. SEASONAL BEER
Sometimes it's gross, sometimes good. I have yet to try this kind and it just may be good!



















Head over to Mama Kat's to participate in Writer's Workshop!

7 comments:

  1. Hi...I enjoyed your list. I'm the totally opposite with the hair part though. I have thick hair which increases in volume with heat. I love how the cooler weather keeps it all nice and relaxed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Minus the picture of the Duggars (which I won't get into here, because I don't want to offend anyone who may be a fan of there's) your list is EXACTLY how I am currently feeling!! I am the biggest fan of this time of the year, which means I am currently as excited as a dog with his head out the window. Tag out, tail wagging, pure bliss!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. *Tongue out..oops.

    That's how excited I am :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved your list!!
    There is something very alluring and attractive about the fall season, which has always mystified and enthralled me.
    I am your newest follower :)

    http://dwivedi2326.blogspot.com/2010/09/im-glad-its-fall.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved the list!! That sand snowman cracked me up :-D I'm excited about the seasonal beers too-- I'll have to try out that pumpkin ale! I'm SUPER excited about the upcoming holidays this year in particular, yay!!

    ReplyDelete