Friday, September 3, 2010

Finally Friday!

First, thanks for your encouragement and advice on the wedding dealio. I can't say I feel prepared or that I know what to expect, but it's just a wedding. I've been to plenty of those before. I'll update you on how things went next week!

Yesterday kinda sucked at work... the CFO kinda bit my head off for something I was asking for (he's well-known for his "moods"), the computer kept freezing up and not connecting to the network... so I left for lunch and hoped it would be better when I got back.

Things did get better! I left Layla out yesterday afternoon and hoped she would be good. Eric stopped by my office to show off his new Osceola County Sheriff's Office uniform:























He starts September 27th OFFICIALLY! It was a relief to finally get the details worked out. We've decided to stay in the apartment we have until our lease is up in February. Then we'll have a few months to figure out our finances with his new job.

I went to my boring speech class right after work, and left at the break. I seriously can't take this class. I feel like we could get everything done in a week or two, and he's dragging it out for eight. I knowwwwwww, I know... "education is a process"... but I'm good to go on giving speeches, ok?! :)

When I left class I stopped at Publix to get a sub for dinner (and lunch today!) and a few beers. Eric was gone to Daytona Beach for his friends bachelor party. I walked in to see this:


















That stuff all over the floor is what used to be my favorite brown belt.

So no, Layla was not good yesterday afternoon. It's back in the crate for her I guess. *sigh*

Anyway, today is Friday and it's a long weekend so I can't complain too much! Tonight I'm packing up and heading to Daytona Beach to join Eric at the hotel and go to the dreaded wedding tomorrow. I have to leave our dogs with my cousin who has graciously agreed to watch them... even after seeing this picture on Facebook last night. Ha! At least they are only 15 minutes away so if I need to I will stop by.

Sunday we're headed to see my family and spend the rest of the weekend with them. YAY!

Have a great Labor Day weekend!

3 comments:

  1. Congrats to your hubby!

    Coming home to dog distruction is the worst! Our dog likes to get into the trash so she gets caged when we leave. She also knows how to use the drawers to get onto the counter and steal food.....oh hounds! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boooooo to your favorite belt dying!! :-( Our black lab used to naw on my heels and I used to get sooo angry!! But that is exciting news about Eric and his job and his new uniform :-D Have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooooh, a sheriff. YAY! Congrats to him.

    ReplyDelete