Monday, September 27, 2010

Feeling overwhelmed

I'm very sorry I've been so MIA latley. I haven't had time, energy, desire or interest to blog in the past week or so. Work has been increasingly busy. I actually started a post last Monday and was so proud of myself that I was getting it done. Then something came up and I never finished it or posted for the rest of the week!

We had a nice weekend camping, but it's definitely exhausting to pack up and unpack all that crap. Three nights was good enough for me! I'm glad to be home. I have pics that I'll have to post later.

I just feel overwhelmed latley... so much is going on. Eric started with the Sheriff's office today, so that aspect of our life has now moved on. No more military wife. No more "Air Force" stuff. It's still sinking in.

Also, I had a conversation with my parents over the weekend and there may be some major changes with them in the coming months. Major - as in it's never happened before and it would change everything.

Finally, last night I found out via Facebook that my brother and sister in law are pregnant again. Can't say I was too excited about how I found out, and somehow I was the last to know, but of course I'm happy for them. There has been this unspoken "race" to see who is having the first girl grandbaby in the family, and I really wanted it to be us. Selfish? Maybe. But now I'm going to be totally nevous until they find out the sex of this new addition to our family, while I secretly hope it's another boy. Sue me.

I'm not good at processing stuff like this. Last night - after I found out about the new addition via Eric yelling the big news to me from the bathroom (via facebook) - I was just quiet. I don't know what to say, or what to do, or even how I feel. Eric kept asking me if I was ok or what was wrong, but I can't even answer. I don't even know if I want to cry or if I'm excited. There's too much going on and I don't want to deal with it right now.

So I'll let it sit... sink in... and let you know how I'm feeling later. Thanks for being there, blog friends! :)

6 comments:

  1. Awww,hang in there, girl! I feel like life has been a rollercoaster ride for us lately--so busy. I have mutual feelings about blogging. Last week we majorly slowed down and now I'm finally feeling interested in LIFE again. So exhausting. Hope things calm soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a crappy way to find out that your close relatives are expecting! They should have called or something. So sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oy vey...

    your time will come. patience.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been busy too with school so I totally understand, we're going away for the weekend in a few weeks and I can't wait to relax!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww baby girl...I'm sorry you are having such a hard time with it all. You know after we talked, Dad said, wow, she handled that news great, not much reaction. I told him you reacted just as I guessed you would ..up front. I said wait a day or two, and she will probably get all emotional and sad/melancholy. YUp....I am right.

    I would give you a hug if you were here.

    As far as the baby front...sorry you had to get the news off of FB...I didn't know they announced it at church until late that evening when Dad remembered to tell me. They should have made an announcement to the family...yes, but hey, life is busy, and things like this get forgotten. I'll apologize for them to you.

    Even if they do have a girl...and YOU have a girl...they will all be special in their own way. YOU know that! I just want healthy grandbabies.

    YOU do have alot on your plate, as we do. We are praying for you as you adjust to your "new" life.

    I love you dear!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete