Wednesday, August 4, 2010

A new perspective.

I must say, I'm rather proud of myself. I just finished my first college class, and I got a 94% average which equals an A. I think I'm off to a good start.

When I graduated high school, I hated school and couldn't wait to get out. That's why it took me until I was 25 years old to get into college. Looking back, though, I see the benefits of waiting, because I appreciate it more. Sure, I was nervous to go back to school after so long, but finishing this first class has boosted my confidence a million times. And finishing so well.... that was something I didn't expect, but have to say I'm totally excited about.

I used to be afraid of the unknown... but now, I think this picture sums up how I feel about the future:


















My life is an open book. I can do this school thing. Heck, I can get my Ph.D if I want to. That's the beauty of it. It is all up to me, and my future is wide open.

I love my life. I love going to school.

Hugs,
Steph

6 comments:

  1. YES! Way to go :-D I look back on my college years and wish I would have ENJOYED learning much, much more!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy for you! Its taken me 7 years to finish my undergrad and although that is NOT ideal, I'm proud of myself for finishing in the first place!!

    You'll do great with whatever you decide to pursue!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! Do you know what you're going to get your degree in yet? You're off to an awesome start :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are benefits to getting your degree later. I almost failed my freshman year of undergrad. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's great, congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete