Thursday, August 12, 2010

Magic hair color

So tonight I got my hair cut, about 2 inches. I wanted to get it colored too (I always get my roots colored blonde because they get dark), but if I do both it is like $90... so Eric wasn't too excited about that. I didn't want to wait to get color in two weeks, so I decided to ask my stylist what I should buy at Sally's. She was more than happy to help me out, I bought the stuff for $10, did it myself tonight, and it ended up turning out GREAT!

I was nervous because every time I've done it in the past my hair turns orange.

But it worked this time!






















I'm so happy that I can now save about $60 every time I need my hair done!

Amazing little magic bottles! :)






















Well I took off work tomorrow so I have a fun day planned! I'll probably go for a run in the morning, get my nails done with Callie, and do some shopping. I want to go to our new Hobby Lobby because I got a 40% off coupon in the mail. If I'm really ambitious I may even do my grocery shopping... but we'll see.

Happy 3-day weekend to me! :)

7 comments:

  1. Love the hair! I wanna change up my hair..maybe add highlights...nothing too drastic, yet! :S
    But I am too chicken to do anything..ahh!! I need your courage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your hair looks great!! I tried doing touch ups before to my own and it turned orange too. Never again!! Going darker is a lot easier from a bottle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay, yay, yay for your hair turning out!! I don't color my hair, but am always so worried for those who do. Great job!! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's how I ended up in beauty school... One "do it yourself" gone right and I was hooked to coloring hair! It looks good :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome. You look HOT! I use Loreal Preference but it took almost a year to get it to blond. I went through reddish brown and strawberry blond along the way!

    ReplyDelete