Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Be as you are

Sometimes, I get tired of trying to be perfect. I get tired of seeing people I know, many who are good friends, lead their perfect lives. I often wonder how long it will last. I crave real friendships... the kind where you share your problems, your fears, your shortcomings, your arguments and fights... not hide them. You don't pretend bad things don't happen, that life isn't hard sometimes. You don't have the perfect wardrobe. Your hair and makeup are a mess sometimes. Your manicure is chipped. You need a haircut. You can vent about your boss and a crappy Monday on your blog and not feel like you're depressing everyone who reads it.

Because that is my life, with the rose-colored glasses taken off. I don't apologize for that. This morning I snapped at my husband twice before 7AM. Of course it wasn't anything serious and two seconds later we were k-i-s-s-i-n-g again, but that is real life. We argue. We kiss and make up. And we're better off because of it, believe it or not.

I just miss that realness.

This weekend we are going to Tampa to see my family, and I'm so excited. Sometimes you just want to be with people who know you and that you don't have to impress, yaknow? People who are there for you always, who don't care if you lounge around in sweats, or wear t-shirts and jeans to go out to dinner. I guess I'm just tired of people's "perfect" lives, and want a dose of reality. I can't wait. :)




"Let the world know you as you are, not as you think you should be, because sooner or later, if you are posing, you will forget the pose, and then where are you?"
 ~Fanny Brice

6 comments:

  1. I feel EXACTLY the same way right now at this very second! I am so frustrated with it and it really bothers me. Glad to know I am not the only one! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to hear more about this. Yes, we do love you just as you are. I hate to see you try to be something you are not for others.

    Are you planning to be with us for dinner Saturday? I saw you had plans.
    We have coaching all morning, a party at the Palmers in the afternoon.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS--do you have my stripped towel (pink, yellow, orange)from when we were there? Nik says she doesn't have it. If you do, please bring it back with you. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yessssssssss! FINALLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY a post like this!

    well you already know where I stand on "realness" :D Im glad we are hanging out this saturday. Get ready for all the realness you can handle my friend. lol.

    PS almost done proofreading your essay.

    ReplyDelete
  5. seriously girl...this is great to read! Just be yourself...it usually what most of us are best at!

    ReplyDelete
  6. YES. There's nothing like spending time with people who just know you. No need to impress, no false smiles, no skewed judgements, no awkward silences to fill (because its comfortable silence). Enjoy your time with your family! :)

    ReplyDelete