Thursday, June 17, 2010

Writer's Workshop: It's not nice to stare

It's been a while since I've particpated in Writer's Workshop! I know I still have yet to post pictures from Jamaica, but I wanted to write a little story about our cruise that relates to Writer's Workshop.

The first night we sat in the dining room for dinner, I noticed a table of 4 somewhat good looking guys sitting near us, in a good place so that I could look at them without it being too obvious. Of course, though, the first thing I noticed was there were no girls sitting with them.

So, what do YOU think when you see 4 good looking guys all sitting together alone?

Ok then. Don't judge me. You know what they say about the good looking guys.

I commented to Eric on the first night, "I bet they are gay." Please understand, I am not judgemental or a homophobe by any means. I love everyone for who they are. I was just curious about them and their table provided me a sort of "bet" with Eric on who would be right about first impressions. Usually he is right, but this time I was determined to beat him.

Throughout the week I would sometimes pass them, whether it was just two of them walking or the whole group. I admit, I would always look (or subtly stare) to see if they were holding hands. Sadly, I never caught them!

However, on one of the last nights, there was a NEW guy at their table. He pulled up a chair at the end of the table and joined them for the rest of the cruise. I noticed he was sitting in a way that touched legs with another guy. I'm just sayin'.

I think I was right about my first impression. Eric agreed.

Thus, my staring and jedi-first impression powers proved right once again. :)

Mama's Losin' It

Head over to Mama Kat's and participate in the writing madness!

3 comments:

  1. That is something you will never forget out the trip! I bet your whole trip was fun!

    Alisha
    Stoppin' by from Mama Kat's!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's funny. Michael and I tend to do the same thing so no worries!!

    ReplyDelete