Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Dinner, babies, and houses. What a combo.

So I'm sitting here drinking a glass of wine waiting for dinner to get done. I was supposed to go grocery shopping but totally didn't feel like it. I hadn't even made my menu. So I found some chicken and made my own version of King Ranch Chicken. Grocery shopping can wait until tomorrow night.














It smells good, here's to hoping it tastes good!

For some reason I always want more attention from Eric when he's playing Modern Warfare. Normally if he was just watching TV or bugging me in the kitchen, I would be, like, whatever. But when he's playing that blasted game, it's almost like I'm in a competition with the little men running, shooting and grunting on the screen.I always go sit on his lap and (inadvertently) block his view while discussing important topics.

Me: "I think we should make a baby."

Him: "Oh really? What brought this on?"

Me: "I dunno. I just think it would be cute." (Real answer: I just saw a picture on facebook of my friend holding her newborn son in a sling she made. I wanted one. It looked so peaceful. But then again I'm not sleep deprived.)

Him: "I agree. A little baby Steph or baby Eric."

Me: "Mmmhmmm. Except we don't have any money." (referencing the $700 we spent on suits for him last weekend)

Him: "Yeah..."

Me: "Also, I think we should rent another apartment for a few months before buying a house. Houses are expensive. I was talking to Cyndi today (co-worker) who said her electric bill was $300 this month. Then you have to pay for HOA fees, water bills, taxes..."

Him: "I agree, baby Steph." *nods head in agreement*

Me: "So that means I don't have to look at houses online anymore."

Him: "Nope."

Me: "I'm depressed. No house for me."

Him: "No babe, you'll have a house."

Me: "Eventually."


And now that we've agreed upon on a major life decision, it's time for dinner. Cheers!

7 comments:

  1. Cute...but you guys are weird. Ha.
    xoxo

    PS--I DO agree on the house bit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whatever you do, I wish you much luck on your goals!
    interesting conversation though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. our electric bill was over 500 dollars during the winter! it's down to around 315 now...:( i was really suprised how much more bills are booooooooooooooo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your conversation....that was my husband and I over 5 years ago...Me competing with God of War for his attention and wanting to talk about houses, bills, babies, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You guys are adorable!!! Just a tip...there's never a good time to have a baby. Always some reason to put it off. Then one day you wake up and realize you're almost 40 and it's too late.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha ha cute convo and things will be SO exciting when you have a little on! I love the new blog background btw.

    ReplyDelete