Monday, June 28, 2010

It's like the first day of school

I can barely focus right now! Tonight from 5:30PM-9:10PM is my first college class. Ever. Communications I. I'm almost 25 and have never set foot in a college classroom, so I'm a little nervous. I feel very unprepared too. I forgot about getting my books until this weekend, when it was too late. I was going to stop by the campus bookstore over lunch and drop over $100 on the books, but my facebook friends are telling me I can probably find them somewhere else, cheaper. I thought I would need them tonight?? What should I do?!? I'm currently bidding on Ebay on one textbook I need, The Writer's Reference, which goes for $82 brand new. My current bid is $7.50! It has less than an hour left so I'm crossing my fingers...

Also, I haven't bought any note books, pens, pencils... anything. I haven't picked out my bag. (I have plenty to choose from at home, just don't know which one yet!)

I'm also nervous about the time. I get off work at 5PM and it takes me 15 minutes to get home. I live like 5 minutes from the campus, which is awesome. But I want to rush home and let my dog out before I go to class, AND be early to class because I'm not sure where the room is. Not sure how that is going to work out yet.

And then, there's the getting home after 9PM and probably wanting to go straight to bed. Oh and dinner? I have no idea what I'm gonna do about that. I bought my hubby frozen pizza for tonight and frozen Chinese for Wednesdays class. I guess I'll survive on a granola bar, unless they give us a break to eat.

Eek!

I pretty much feel like this and I haven't even started yet.
















I'm sure everything will be fine. I'll just keep telling myself that ...

7 comments:

  1. You'll be fine!

    Normally professors let you eat/drink in class, especially a night class.. There are always vending machines!

    You won't need the book for the first week much less first class, def reccomend ordering off ebay or amazon! I don't buy any of my books from the book store anymore RIP OFF!!

    Hopefully your professor will be understanding of people working etc and when you do night classes they normally let you out like 30 mins before the end time!

    Good luck! So exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh! how exciting!
    And communications did you say?
    Great class.
    Good luck and the person above said it best..You won't need your book the first day... You should be fine.

    Hope you have a great FIRST Day....And in evening classes you can eat in class....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have fun. My husband has taken some night classes before. It all depends on the instructor/professor. He had good ones both times. They do let you eat/drink in class...and you don't have to have your books until after the first week of class...so get them on ebay or wherever.
    I'd just do a notebook and pen/pencil for the first night...and then go from there.

    You will do great!! and just think...this first night of classes will be the perfect must read for your blog...I will be tuning in :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My professors always let people bring food to class (I take mostly night classes) and they should give you a break as well.

    I would say get a binder, a notebook and some pens and pencils. The books might not be super important to have on the first night and sharing with someone is a good way to meet someone that is in your class. I get most of my books online if at all possible. Try www.half.com and www.abebooks.com

    Good luck, you'll do fine!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so funny! Get your nervousness from me!
    Things will go fine, and YOU will do great. Hey, if Brian can do school...so can YOU!

    Praying for you.

    Let us know how it goes.
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Books are SO expensive and glad the day went well, you can do it! :)

    ReplyDelete