Thursday, June 17, 2010

4th of July plannin'


I love planning parties! I absoultely cannot wait until we have our own house so I have more room to decorate. Being in a small apartment doesn't lend itself well to decorating much, but I make due.I pretty much decorate for every major holiday (Thanksgiving and Christmas being my favorites), and always try to get cute ideas online.

This year, I'm crossing my fingers that my family will be able to come over for the July 4th weekend! If they do, I'm gonna do my best to decorate our little place and have a fun cookout!

I got all of these ideas and images from The Hostess with the Mostest blog. (here)

I love this vase/sand idea. If I don't do anything else, I'm making a few of those! I see trips to Michael's and Old Time Pottery in my near future...































 DeLiCiOuS food ideas! I posted the links to the recipes I plan on making!



















(Grilled Corn with Parmesan Butter recipe here, from Rachael Ray)



















(Patriotic Pizza Cookie recipe here, from Pillsbury)

 More cute decorations!! You can also use the foam stars for coasters!

And finally, what's a party without alcoholic drinks? ;) Red, white and blue ones, no less.


(Patriotic Margarita recipe here, from Real Simple)

I can't wait to start decorating! Gonna go shopping this weekend! :)

4 comments:

  1. I love to decorate too! I'm slowly but surely getting more things to decorate with. I have way more Christmas things than anything else, which is fine with me! It looks like such a great party! I want to come! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. well look at chu mrs suzy homemaker ;)

    The naughty martha approves of all of these uber cute decorating ideas and patriotic summer recipes, by the way ♥

    -NM

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! Can I come? ha!

    Check out this ladies blog, cute stuff

    http://tomkatstudio.blogspot.com/2010/06/tomkat-studio-tommys-crab-shack-party.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks like the perfect 4th of July, delicious and colorful!

    ReplyDelete