Monday, May 17, 2010

Weight-loss rut

Happy Monday! (I can say that because Monday is almost over!)

I've been thinking latley about my eating/workout routine. I have been suck at the same number on the scale for a long time. I flux about 2 lbs. on any given week, but it never goes below this stinking number. I can't even remember the last time I weighed less than I do now. It's super frustrating.

I think this was brought on by seeing my mom this weekend and how much weight she has lost! Seriously, she looks so skinnnnnnnnnnnnny. Her jeans were like falling off. Sure she's shorter than me (and probably has less muscle) but I'm tired of saying that as an "excuse".

I like how I look, but there is fat on my bod that fo shoe can come off and I wouldn't be hurting any.

So, I'm wondering what I should do. Should I switch up my workouts? Add something like Jillian Michael's videos' in addition to my running? Right now, I generally run M-W-F and do strength training one other day in there. Sometimes I also run on Saturday.

I'm also debating on jump starting it with some sort of "fast" this weekend. My hubby will be off camping/hunting with his friends so it'd be a good weekend to try.

I also think I'm boycotting french fries. They are the bane of my existence. I can never resist them, so I'm going to cut them off all together!

Any suggestions on the workout switch-up? Or suggestions on what sort of fast I can do for like 2 days? Also whatever it is can't have caffeine, because I don't drink any. I haven't researched it very much, but I was thinking about Quick Trim... they have a 48 hour cleanse I might look into further. (Found here)

5 comments:

  1. I hear ya with feeling like you're in a rut. It sounds like you are switching things up though, with the running and then a bit of weight training. It's always best to "confuse" the body once in a while with something new.

    I don't remember if you commented/or read about my fast a few weeks ago, but if you're looking to "jump start" your body back into weight-loss mode, I would definitely try it out! I lost 4lbs in two days, and it really felt good to re-start and get cleansed.

    Also, I really like Jillian's 30 Day Shred. We mix it in every few days. I work out to so many different things right now and I REALLY miss the treadmill/elliptical that we had access to when we were members of the gym. I'm totally on the other side of the spectrum as you! :-)

    Best of luck, Stephanie!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am right there with you....I just can't find the motivation to work out when there is SO MUCH I'd rather be doing around the house since I have spring fever!

    I like the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred - I also use Hydroxycut to quick start my diet but it has caffeine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's not just about exercise lady. I don't do much of it...only swimming as I can't. So even though I may look thin...it's very flabby.
    Anyway, drinking is very caloric, so stop doing that, and snacking is my downfall...especially at night. Just eat smaller portions. You know what to do girl!!!
    I would love to do the Julian shred...but doubt my knees will let me.

    And just for the record...I don't think you look fat...not at all.
    xoxoxox
    love you.

    PS--did you get my message about me meeting Danelle-the girl next door to the Holloways? How funny is that? she's getting married soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am at the same point. Been working out for 1 1/2 yrs and I just fluctuate between 5 lbs. It's aggravating..but I look at it like at least I'm not gaining weight...I'm maintaining it.

    I am going to throw swimming for 30 minutes into my workout routine and see if that helps me any. I have 40 plus days til my FL vacation.

    On another note, where did you get your layout?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hear you about weight loss frustration. I'm trying to lose about 40lbs overall right now so just be happy that you don't have that much extra weight on you! I've only gotten to the 5lb mark. I agree that changing up your workout is probably good - your body can get used to a routine and sometimes it needs to be woken up. I want to try doing a class at least once a week - something high energy and fun like Zumba, so that might be an idea to try. Smaller portions really help too, and drinking lotsa water. Bottom line is you gotta do what feels right for you and your body! Everybody's different!

    ReplyDelete