Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Housekeeping

I have a few random blog things to catch up on today  -  so it's officially housekeeping time!

I've been given a couple of blog awards in the past few weeks, and it's about time I blog about them! And -- oh my goodness, I don't have time to do all the requirements for these awards, like post 10 things about myself, etc. But I will tag one person under each one to pass them along! Thank you ladies so much for reading my blog and being such good blogger friends! :)



First of all, thank you to Joanna for this blog award!











Tag: Shelley from Hand in Hand. Her blog is so cute and she is also a young wife to a police officer!


Next thank you to Kelly for this award:




















Tag: Neeley at Neeley's Nothings. Her blog is beautiful and so is she! :)


Thank you to Amanda for this award:












Tag:  - Stephanie at Steph in the City. Her blog is so honest and relevant! She's a great writer! Say a prayer for her because she lives in Nashville and her house could be damanged by all the rain.


Finally, thank you to Kim for this cute award!














Tag: Callie at Mrs. Callie Martinez. Callie is my "friend in real life" or IRL friend as they call it (believe it or not I just found out that meant "in real life" the other day! I had to google it! haha) and she is awesome! She is super cute inside and out!


Second housekeeping item is - 30 days until our cruise exactly today! I lost about another pound and am still working on it! :) I want to go down 3-5 more before we leave. This requires me to focus a lot on WEEKENDS especially because we have a lot of parties/get togethers coming up this month. Whew!

Third item is - today is Cinco de Mayo and we're having friends over for tacos and margaritas! :) MMM. For a good skinnygirl margarita recipe click here!

Fourth - I only have ONE more follower to go until I do a giveaway! Who will be the 50th follower to make this happen? I'm thinking about doing a Mary Kay giveaway since I just started as a consultant. Hmmmm...

Fifth and final housekeeping item is -- I need some advice! A long time ago on my blog I had an ex-friend who was reading my blog because she deleted me from Facebook and was still trying to keep up with my life. So, because she didn't have a blogger profile, I found another way to block her, and it worked. Her husband used to be my husband's best friend for 13 years and they had a falling out as well. It was a very messed up situation. So, I wrote this blog entry and at first didn't write how I was really feeling towards her (because I knew she could/would read it). A few months later, I decided to go ahead a post it. You can read my "Frenemies" post here. Long story short, a few months after I posted that, (December 2009) I was thinking about this whole situation and felt like this girls husband was taking out his anger towards ME on my husband Eric (his former best friend) and so I felt the need to apologize. Eric hadn't done anything to him, but they had read MY blog and got upset and everything blew up. So I emailed the guy to apologize for my part in the situation. He emailed me back accepting my apology, and agreed to meet Eric for lunch to talk.

Well, he never contacted Eric. Then out of the blue  about 2 weeks ago he texted Eric and wanted to meet up. They met for lunch last weekend and everything between them is back to normal. That is awesome. I always wanted things between them to be ok because they'd been friends wayyyy before me and his wife met... so they should maintain that. Anywayyyyyyyyyy, now we have a "situation" because I still have no interest in being friends with this girl. She is just not someone I get along with and I've learned my lesson the hard way. However, Eric still wants to invite his friend over for parties, etc. How can you say "Oh, you're invited to this party but your wife isn't"?? I am wondering how this is going to play out. Any advice from those who've maybe been in a similar situation?


P.S. The Undomestic Momma is giving away something from Paisley Pineapple! Check it out here!

Look how cute these bags are:

6 comments:

  1. I've been in that situation (kind of) in the past. My hubby had friends that I just didn't like. They liked me and wanted me to hang out. Hubby ended up talking to them and explaining, look, she doesn't like hanging out a lot (which, you know, is true for me but not you I don't think) and I don't think all your personalities will ever line up just right. So I'd love to hang out, but she probably won't come most of the time. And they were fine with that. He'd go out with them, I'd stay home or go out with my friends. And life was good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the cute awards. I need a few more of those. ha.
    Congrats on increasing followers. I am sure you will have 50 by tomorrow.

    Can't help you much with the friend issue. Suck it up and invite them both, and rebuild your bridges. Just be pleasant, but not too "intimate". ?? is that possible? Or don't invite them.

    Talking about all this Mexican food is making me very hungry.

    Have a great weekend.
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for the award! Yay!

    I totally get this! I have friends that aren't really friends anymore but the best way I have found to handle it is to try to not be around them but if you are thrown into a situation where you will see each other, just try to be light and polite. Don't touch on subjects that would trigger those feelings, and don't stick around and talk to her too long. Does that makes sense?

    Thanks again for the award! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww thanks for the award Stephanie!

    I am not sure what to say about the friend situation that is a toughy. Kind of like your mom said I would just invite her so Eric can have his friend at the party and just be nice don't go into the details of your life just small talk it with her and talk with every one else at the party and let her just enjoy her self with everyone else. You do not have to be best friends with her.

    ReplyDelete
  5. girl...your frenemies post is fierce! good luck with that. I would just say try to take the high road and just deal with her so your husband can have his friend back...doesnt mean yall have to be besties...its called being tolerant! and sometimes it sucks! but know that your being a great wife! have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What I have done in the past is just make sure you invite both of them at a party that there will be lots of people. So then you don't have to have any one on one time. My hubby has a friend that I don't really get along with his wife, so the only time we see them as a couple is when we have group things. Then I don't really have to chat with her. I can be nice, but I don't have to have one on one convo with her! It has seemed to work for me! Keep us updated!

    ReplyDelete