Thursday, May 20, 2010

Back to school

I officially applied with our local community college to try out ONE class this summer and see if I can do it along with my full-time job. I've wanted to get my degree for some time, I just never felt it was the right time. I've always been "too busy" or thought it would cost "too much money". I've decided to stop making excuses, and just do it. Even if I only finish my AA, no matter how long it takes me (one class a semester?), I'm determined to do it! I'd really like to get my Bachelors... but I'm gonna start small for now.

The problem is - I was homeschooled. So I don't have any official documents such as transcripts that I can just turn in. I have to create them, get special things signed by my parents, notarized, etc. This is going to be a project! But I NEED to get it done ASAP so I can start this class at the end of June.

I'm excited... nevous... stressed. I'm not sure if I will enjoy it, but I know how badly I want it. Or at least I want to try. Better late than never, right?!?

5 comments:

  1. I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!! Way to go, its never too late to get your degree!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will not regret it! I kept making excused and finally bit the bullet and started back in 2007. I will graduate with my bachelors in December!! Best Wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can do it...do it now while you are young and have the energy and drive. xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've thought about going back to school too form time to time. I haven't gotten a degree since we needed both of our incomes and I felt like it would be way too hard to do it. Maybe I will..I don't know.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome! It's definitely not easy, but so worth it if for no other reason that to give your self something to be proud of! I have no idea what I'm going to do with my B.A. in Biology, but I'm still glad I've done it...haha :) Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete