Thursday, April 29, 2010

Writer's Workshop: Tattoo

Well, I THOUGHT I would be at an HR conference all day today. But, I'm apparently more blonde than I care to admit. I showed up to the hotel this morning and they said that conference was YESTERDAY. omg. I got back to the office and sure enough, the email confirmation said Wednesday the 28th. I had it written in my calendar as Thursday the 29th since last week. What is wrong with me?!? (now I'm trying to get a refund and dreading telling my supervisor when she returns next week... she'll probably just laugh, but I'll still feel stupid!)

So, since I'm here, I'm doing Writer's Workshop!!

I chose the prompt: The world is going to come to an end unless you get a tattoo that covers your entire back. Describe the tattoo you’ll get.

Now, understand, this is only if the world was TRULY going to end. I have no desire at all to get another tattoo, much less a FULL BACK tattoo! But here goes...

It would have to be pretty:


















































Or angelic:

























Or symbolic:

























That is Leona Lewis' tatoo, and I realize it doesn't cover her entire back, but I do like the concept. Hers is a poem/quote about horses: "Their beauty captures every eye/ A gift from God for all mankind/ They lend us wings so we may fly/ To ride a horse is to ride the sky.” I would probably chose one of my favorite quotes, which would be difficult, because I have several. Or I'd choose my favorite Bible verse.

I guess I'll hold off on that decision until I am sure the world is coming to an end!

Head over to Mama Kat's and play along! :)


Mama's Losin' It

8 comments:

  1. I love tattoos, though could never get one myself, I'm such a 'fraidy-cat ;-S I love Leona's! That is a neat idea, the trailing words...

    Hope your day is a good one :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are some pretty tattoos. Yeah I think we have enough Tattoos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. In reality, the world is coming to an end...it's when Christ returns, which no one knows when. I know you KNOW that too! ;)

    Gross on the tattoos.
    Funny and just like you and the scheduling snafoo.
    Yeah that you go yet another follower.

    Have a great day. What plans do you have for the weekend?

    ReplyDelete
  4. WHAAAAAAAT leona lewis totally stole my tattoo idea! ...although mine isnt gonna be quite that long and will be in hebrew letters.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooooooooooh butterflies. I'd have to do that!!!

    Leona Lewis's tattoo looks like just a line from far away. It reminds me of the time, in my 20s, when I worked for our state arts agency. In our conference room were two canvases, simply blank canvases with lines drawn through the center. That was it. I'd sit in boring meetings and think, "Seriously? This is ART? Taxpayer dollars PAID this artist to paint this?" Yeah...I'm not a very good art connoisseur!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a whole back piece designed and ready to go and it includes my favourite poem and some other Literary quotes.

    Beautiful ideas.



    Stopping by from Mama Kat's.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i found you from writers workshop and I like the cherry blossom one but I have no desire to cover up my entire back either, but good choice

    ReplyDelete