Today over at Mama Kat's it's Writer's Workshop time! I've missed the past two so I'm ready to go on this one! :) The prompt I chose was:
List of 10 things blogging has taught you
1) I am much more bold, straightforward, and honest about my feeling when I'm typing them out vs. saying them to someone's face. Hiding behind a computer gives me a sense of being in control that I don't actually have in real life. (except I did learn how to successfully block someone from viewing my blog through their IP address. THAT felt SO good! Haha!)
2) Having "blog friends" is something I didn't expect when I first started blogging. I thought I would just start a blog and write because it would be an outlet for me. But now I've "met" some super cool and interesting people! It's been way more fun than I thought!
3) Comments are addicting.
4) Not having many followers is depressing. Each time I get a new one I get so excited!
5) I don't like posting a blog entry without pictures. It's like I don't think people will just read what I wrote, because it's just words (only because sometimes I do that to other blogs!). Pictures are much more fun!
6) Some days, I just don't have anything to say. I am in awe of those people who have something funny, interesting, witty and fun to post every single day.
7) I love giveaways. I've won one giveaway since I've been blogging, and it was so exciting! I'm going to do one once I reach 50 followers! (hint hint) *grin*
8) Blogging has probably improved my writing skills. Once I post an entry and read it (see how it looks, etc.) I go back and edit it a few times... add a word here, change a word there, re-write a sentence, etc. I enjoy writing, but I'm very particular about it, and I like it to be a certain way.
9) Bloggers have "cliques" just like people do in real life. When I first started my blog I found so many people through Kelly's Korner blog (who has like 8000 followers or something crazy). Then I found a bunch of people through Kelsey @ The Seattle Smith's. It's like the same type of people run in the same "blog circles" i.e.: singles, newlyweds, people with children, dog lovers, etc. Very interesting social experiment.
10) I'm glad I did it.
Now, head on over to Mama Kat's and start writing! :)