Thursday, March 11, 2010

Writers Workshop: Describe five things you are most passionate about

What lights your fire? Describe five things you are most passionate about.



1. Helping people
When I was a little kid I wanted to be a Pediatrician. During my teen years I had regular babysitting jobs and loved kids. When I was in my late teens/early 20's I wanted to be a Christian counselor or a Psychologist. I still think any of those jobs would be awesome, but I hate school, so I don't think it will ever happen. Now I am an Executive Assistant to a CEO at a Child Welfare Agency. Our agency protects at-risk kids from abuse and neglect, and works with families in our prevention program to keep it from happening at all.

Bascially I just love helping people, seeing them succeed and be free to be themselves. Sometimes I wish I could have my degree and do something even MORE meaningful, but I'm happy with where I'm at. I can help people no matter what I'm doing... it's just who I am.

2. Individuality
I was always labeled as the "rebel" in my family (even though I wasn't -- hahaha -- but maybe you should ask my mom). I always had to do things differently than most people. I question peoples motives in everything, over analyze things, and don't like changing who I am for anyone. I like being me. I like being independent, yet having those who love me around me for support when I need them. I like to do things in my own way, on my own time, and how I think is best. My husband says I'm stubborn and have control issues.

I just think I'm being myself.

3. Pink
If you saw me right now I'd be wearing pink plaid flats, a pink tank top with a pink sweater. My cell phone cover is pink. I have a pink Coach purse. In my office I have a pink notebook, a pink keychain, a pink calendar, a pink pen, pink flowers, and a pink oil burner.

'Nuff said.

4. Not getting fat and old
I don't know if this is very realistic, but I hate the thought of being an old fuddy-duddy who won't do anything because I'm fat and have to take care of my kids, have frumpy hair, baggy clothes and dark roots showing. I'm a little nervous about getting pregnant because I don't want to get fat. I mean I've never been super skinny, but I'm ok with how I am now and don't exactly want to work EXTRA hard in later years to stay a healthy weight. Maybe it's superficial, but it's the truth.

I also don't want to be one of those middle aged women who sit around on Facebook all day and leave comments two seconds after a new status is posted, or who get together with their cackly friends and talk about kids, husbands, non-existent sex lives, crock pot recipes and losing weight.

I especially don't want to be one of those young moms who won't do anything with friends because it interferes with her kids naptimes or feeding schedules. I hope I always remember to take time for myself, and balance it all with family, kids, exercise, and work.

In a perfect world, right?

5. A clean, organized house
I get onto Eric a lot because he doesn't pick up after himself. He says its because I pick it up before he even has the chance. Maybe that's true.

My mom used to have a picture hanging in the kichen that said "Our house is clean enough to be healthy and dirty enough to be happy." As much as I like our house to be organized, I can handle a little dirt. Eric always says I'm unsanitary (but if you knew how extreme he was on the sanitation, you'd side with me, I'm sure). I like just enough of both. Right now we have puppy toys all over our floor and that's ok. I just like to clean up clothes off the bathroom floor, and not let things pile up.


(Play along in the Writers Workshop over at Mama Kat's! Pick your prompt and write.)


Mama's Losin' It

14 comments:

  1. Found you at writers workshop!

    I love that you love exactly who you are right now and are proud of it! While you are a pink girl - I'm a purple person (in my purple sweater now)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay its totally fate that we found one anothers blogs - just started following and I totally agree with your #5 passion, I love a clean house!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL. I love that one of the things you're passionate about is the color pink. Too cute. Stopping by from Mamamkats.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great list! A little serious a little fun :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your #1! I'm right there with you, I especially love teaching..it's just so rewarding to work with someone and watch them become happier and more in control!

    Also, did I read "puppy" in number 5? *Insert excited squeal here*

    ReplyDelete
  6. MMMM...do I fall into that fat and old part? Just wondering. You get your love for PINK from MOI! And yes...you are a rebel! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your #1! I'm right there with you, I love helping people. I think that's one of my favorite things about dog training, how much good it can do for entire families!

    Also, did I read "puppy" in #5? *insert excited squeal here*

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oops, the first time I commented it gave me an error message and didn't show up so I tried again! Well, I guess it just shows your post is doubly awesome! (And now triple-y)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Found your blog through Mama Kat's.

    I'm with you on all 5! I wanted to be a Supreme Court judge and change the world, but instead I became a Mommy and I'm changing the world that way. : )

    ReplyDelete
  10. YAY! Thanks for catering to me :-) You're in my reader!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. interesting post.. especially #4.. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm a new follower! I picked the same writer's workshop topic it is posting tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I also picked this topic. As I'm reading yours I'm thinking... Aw man, I SHOULD have said that! ;) Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Interesting passions you have--pink?

    Visiting from Mama Kat's Writer's Workshop.

    ReplyDelete