Monday, March 1, 2010

Welcome the newest member of our family

A scheduled trip to PetCo this weekend to get Amira groomed turned into...




















A new puppy!!!! Yes, it was my husband's idea!! He wanted his own dog, but we WERE waiting until we move into a house, especially since he wanted a big dog. Regardless, we adoped Layla on Saturday!




















She is a Shar Pei mix with a few other things. A mutt basically. But she's a cute mutt. She'll probably grow up to be a medium sized dog.




















It seems that all she does is sleep! She'll play with Amira (who loves her!) for about 10 minutes then be exhaused again and sleep in your arms. We took both of them to the puppy park this weekend and everyone just adores her. I think Amira may be a little jealous. ;) I'm making sure I pay just as much attention to Amira though, because she is my dog.




















It's been super fun watching Eric learn how to potty-train Layla, even though she's only 8 weeks old. I'm pretty sure it'll be a good experience for him! Haha. He keeps asking me to "help him" because I trained Amira, and it is a LOT of work. You just need a lot of patience and consistency! Fun times ahead! Haha.


8 comments:

  1. Layla is adorable! Let Amira help potty train her... If you take them out together then Layla will learn to do what Amira does, by watching her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. NO way did you get a new puppy! Soo cute! :-D It will be years until we get a dog, but I can't wait, haha! I can't wait to see what she looks like as she grows up. Love the new look on here too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute pup. Surprised Eric didn't get a HE dog though.
    See you changed the blog again. Like this one the best so far.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is so cute! Now you have 2 cute girls! I have allways liked Amira...so It will be fun to see picture of both of them :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the new header and layout :) :)

    Aaaand of course your super cute new addition!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Layla is too darn cute!

    So last night we too went to Petsmart and came back with a new addition but ours is a Beta fish. I made the hubby get rid of his tank awhile back and since we already have 2 dogs he wanted just one fish. I caved and let him get his wish!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooooh, adorable! And yay for spur-of-the-moment adoptions!

    Soooo many people ask me about housebreaking. I tell them there is nothing complex about it, it's just a LOT OF WORK. Which is not what they want to hear, they want the magical quick solution :P Enjoy! :-)

    ReplyDelete