Friday, March 5, 2010

Losing sleep over Layla

I'm jealous of anyone taking a nap right now.

I got up two or three times to take Layla out to go potty last night. Eric also got up twice. I lost count as to exactly how many times it was, but I know one thing: IT WAS TOO MANY TIMES. The poor thing has diarrhea so I kind of feel sorry for her and that's why I lose so much sleep and freeze my butt off to take her out. But, the thing is, during the day she stays in her crate for four hours at a time and is just FINE! The reason we get up so often is because her crate is in our room, and she whines and won't stop until we take her out.

I have a solution.

Starting tonight we're putting her crate in the bathroom with the fan on. I'm setting my alarm for 3-4 hours and she'll go potty on MY time. That way, Eric should get up once and I should get up once. That's it.

Problem solved.

Anyway, right now I don't feel so great and am seriously thinking about making this a half day at work. I don't know what it is, but I guess I feel kind of ... nauseous? I hesitate even telling you that for fear of all the "pregnant" comments I'm going to get. But whatever. I hope to head home early, take Layla to the vet at 2:30, and sleep. We'll see how that goes.

6 comments:

  1. Ha ha! I said was nauseous on my FB status once, shortly after we got married and got like 15 comments about being pregnant! I hope you feel better soon... And that you get to take a nap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor baby....just wait until the REAL kids come along! Get some sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ::not making a pregnancy comment:: ;P

    Diarrhea in puppies (and kittens) is very common.. Bacterial infections are more pronounced in underdeveloped gastrointestinal tracts vs adult ones. Ok enough medical jargon.. she probably just needs a round of antibiotics and she'll be fine :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope your pup feels better soon and hoping for the best for you too. He he. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh that was one of the things I hated about puppies!!! I LOVE my sleep!! It will get better though! Hopefully you'll sleep better tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Stephanie, Thanks for stopping by and commenting on my blog! Your blog is adorable, I love the "Blog-Land Steph" in your sidebar!

    ReplyDelete