I feel a little nervous, like in a few months our lives will change a lot.
In just about 7 months Eric will get out of the military. In approx. 4 months he will start applying for jobs at every police department he has been researching over the past few months. Next month he's paying $450 out of pocket to take this "equivelency of training" required in order to transfer from being military police to civillian police. Last night he told me he wants to start putting another $125 extra each paycheck aside in case he has a lapse of employment between getting out of the military and getting hired on at a police department.
I couldn't believe how incredibely nervous that made me, thinking about that. I don't want Eric to EVER be without a job. Plus, why would you give up a perfectly great, well-paying, promotion-guaranteed, government-funded job to start something NEW and SCARY? Additionally, I don't like the thought of not having $125 each paycheck. I mean we'll have it, but not really. We're already putting $175 aside from my paycheck for our house fund. We have our spending and bills pretty set right now, and granted we probably spend more than we need to, but... I like it that way!! Haha. I'm spoiled!
I like the life we have. I don't like thinking about cutting corners, cutting back, or worrying about jobs.
I WANT to make Eric tell the potential police departments, "Here is my drop dead date I need to be hired by. If you can't do that, see ya later, alligator." Then, he if he's not hired by October 17th (he's officially "out" on the 18th) then I want him to re-enlist. But he doesn't want to. So I'm torn. Re-enlisting is a 4-year committment. Personally I don't care either way - he can stay in or get out - as long as he has a job. I'm happy either way. I just want stability.
That's about where it stands right now. We talked about it for like 30 minutes last night and I still don't like it. I said "let's talk about this later." Like that will make it go away. Ha.
This isn't all about Eric's job. If we move too far away (as in, if the only department that will hire him is in Lakeland or Tampa) then I can't keep my job here in Melbourne. The goal is for him to get hired in Orlando so I can just drive a little farther and keep this job for a few more years. Again, those are OUR plans. God only knows how this will play out.
Additionally, I quit my Medical Transcriptionist school I'd been doing since January. The military gave me $6000 for school, and I used $2,500 for this course. If I quit, I just lose that money. I am not a quitter, but once I started the course it just wasn't what I thought it would be. I can NEVER see myself doing that as a job. It's tedious, hard, detailed, and the job market is declining because of technology and voice recognition software. I decided to cut my losses and get out while I can. Plus I just don't have time or motivation anymore. I'm only 17% done with the program, and I'm on the easy part. It just wasn't for me.
I feel so relieved to not have that project anymore!! :)
I still haven't uploaded pictures from last weekend, but should be able to do that tonight. I'm super excited that I have a 4-day weekend coming up! I took off Friday and Monday as we're headed to Georgia for my cousins wedding. Yay!