Monday, January 18, 2010

The sickness it ov-a!

Well, I think am *finally* mostly over my horrible cold. Saturday I was feeling better, and had a good night with our friends at the Pizza Gallery (pomegranate martinis there ROCK!) then coming home to play games. I don't know if it was the alcohol or what, but Sunday I felt like I'd been hit by a truck again. I also got a lovely yeast infection from the antibiotics that Dr. prescribed me. Seriously, I had three things going on at once (UTI which is what started it all, a cold, and then a yeast infection. G-R-O-S-S). I was taking Bactrim, Vitamin C and Sudafed . I also took some Motrin because of the headaches from the cold. I was seriously digging through my medicine basket to find something that I thought would work and clear up my head. I tried some Tylenol Cold pills, which did help. Sunday night I took two Nyquill, soaked in a bath with sea salts, and slept great. I woke up today feeling SO much better. I never thought I would be excited to say I only blew my nose THREE times today! LOL.

Yesterday I also stopped taking the antibiotics (Bactrim) even though I'm not "done" with the 10 days worth. I don't even care. I know I'm gonna get crucified by all you medical people out there, but I know they were making me stay sick (I was sick for a WEEK. That never happens to me). Plus they were giving me a yeast infection, and those Monistat things are gross. Since the doctor's office on base was closed Friday-Monday, and the on-call doc wouldn't call in Diflucan, I gave up. Sue me. I'm feeling better, and that's all I wanted!!!

Today Eric and I had lunch at Chic-fil-a (yum) and did a little shopping .I found a cute black top and a blue halter top dress I plan on wearing on our cruise in June. I can't wait!

Also, I'm really excited that next month we might NOT have to pay rent! Apparently there is a deal going on, and Eric referred another guy and his girlfriend (some guy he was sponsoring on base) to live here. That is HUGE! I hope it works out. Although, Eric IS just gonna use the money to go towards his Mac laptop he's been begging for since last year. Haha. Oh! And tax season is here! I love doing our taxes and finding out what kind of refund we're getting. :) Most of our refund this year is going towards our "house down-payment" fund, but I'm still excited about it.

I hope you all had a great weekend, even if it wasn't three days. :)

2 comments: