Thursday, January 21, 2010

Bored. Suuuper slow day.

Ugh, today is one of those days I wish would just end! It's going sooooooooooo slow for me. I don't have a ton to do at work (for once ... but just wait until next week when I have payroll, staff meeting, and our board of directors annual retreat all in the same week) and I would rather be at home and running errands. I need to get my mom's birthday gift (i'll probably go after work), get food for this weekend (Friday - my cousin and his wife are coming over, and Sunday for mom's birthday lunch). I'm always the one to organize things in my family... so I just tell people what to bring and when to be there. :)

So, what are everyone's plans for this weekend?

OH I almost forgot, I wanted to thank Kelly over at Keeping up w/ Kelly & Co for the Beautiful Blogger Award! :) Now I have something to write about... haha. I've been so stuck in a blogging rut latley.


Here are the rules:

-Thank the person who nominated you for this award.
-Copy the award & place it on your blog.
-Link to the person who nominated you for this award.
-Tell us 7 interesting things about yourself.
-Nominate 7 bloggers.
-Post links to the 7 blogs you nominate.
 
 
So, seven interesting (or random) things about moi? Let's see what I can come up with...
 
#1) I don't like to be restrained, in any way, shape or form. Even when Eric goes to kiss me and like grabs my head, I always pull away. Eek! (he says I have "control issues" lol) One time Eric and I were play wrestling on the floor and he pinned me down in some way and I kept saying "let me go!" and he wouldn't... so I started crying! It wasn't fake, and I'm not claustrophobic, I just HATE being restrained. Wierd-o.
 
#2) I hated my nose growing up. I used to think it was too pointy and went "down" (instead of those cute, little perfect noses). I would "hold" it up with my fingers in hopes it would eventually stay that way. HAHA. I'm used to it now, and I guess I can thank my dad for giving it to me. :-P
 
#3) I was homeschooled all through highschool. I took Sign Language when I was younger, and Spanish too. I don't remember anything but the basics of either one. If I were to try and learn a new language now, it'd probably be something impractical like French, because I like the way it sounds (even though Spanish would be wayy more practical, especially living in Florida!).
 
#4) I don't eat any vegetables. Ever. (Unless they are sneakily stuck in my food somehow.) I sometimes wonder how I've stayed relatively healthy and alive up to this point, but I've done ok. I hate the smell, taste and texture of them. I don't really eat fruit either, but I like the taste of most fruit, just not the texture. I LOVE fruit smoothies. Recently I've been drinking that V8 Fusion (light) to help the food pyramid balance. :)
 
#5) My friend Sarah jokes that something is always wrong with me. I think that has only (maybe) been true in the past 2 or 3 years... it all started when I had to get an appendectomy. Later on that year I had a stomach ulcer. Then the next year I found out I had Supraventricular Tachycardia, and had surgery on that a year later. Then I had an off and on cyst on my neck that I had removed a few months ago. I can't remember what else has happened to me... although I've never broken a bone!
 
#6) I come across to most people as aloof, casual and calm; I kind of have a 'whatever' attitude. I don't give a lot of information out unless you ask, then I'll gladly tell you. However, deep down I'm super sensitive and hate seeing people hurting. Just the other night I was talking to Eric about someone in my family and started crying, wishing I could give them all of my money (even though it wouldn't fix the problem). I hate being so "sensitive" sometimes, but I guess it keeps the other side of me in balance.
 
#7) I don't drink caffeine. The most I ever get is when I have a diet coke or sweet tea. I hate coffee, and rarely drink hot tea. I hate energy drinks. One time Eric and I were trying these crazy "diet" pills that had caffeine in them, but I didn't know how much. I took the recommended two pills in the morning, and within minutes was shaking and couldn't concentrate. I couldn't believe how awful it felt to have that much caffeine!! Eric took two as well and it didn't have any affect on him. I'm glad I don't need it to get through the day!
 
There you go! Now, to nominate seven people:
 
1. Jenn @ Life, Love & Laughter with Jenn
2. Sarah @ Make it Luxe
3. My MOM Mari @ Mari's Musings
4. Callie @ Mrs. Callie Martinez
5. Sierra @ Ocean Dreams
6. Becca @ Lovely Yellow Ribbons
7. Jen @ Booty and Brains

Enjoy ladies! :)

3 comments:

  1. Ugg, yeah it's a slow day here too. I'm training a new employee this afternoon though so hopefully that will make it go quicker! We were going to go "up north" for an ice fishing tournament this weekend, but it's supposed to really snow and get icy, so we're staying home :-) I guess it will mostly be a weekend on the couch with some movies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, thanks so much sweetie! It is definitely not slow for me, in fact I feel so behind on blogs right now! I don't drink caffeine either, I try to stay away from that stuff but sometimes I cave. ;) I too feel like I am too sensitive, but I guess I would rather be caring than not I suppose. Have a great day love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Thank you for the award. I do not drink coffee or soda so I dont really caffine eathier. He I was wondering how you got such a great layout for your blog? mine is so boring.

    ReplyDelete