Saturday, December 5, 2009

Weekend bliss

It finally stopped raining after almost two days straight! :) It was just in time for me to go out grocery shopping, which was nice of Mother Nature. Haha.

Tonight we're having some friends over and I'm making my mom's Chicken Enchilada recipe. It's in Eric's top two recipes that I make - he loveeees them.


Mom's Chicken Enchiladas

- 1.5 lbs lean ground beef or canned chicken (I buy Tyson chicken)
- 1 1/4 cups finely chopped onion
- 1 T chili powder/fajita seasoning
- 3 C grated Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 1/2 C sour cream
- 1 4oz. can diced, green chilies, pureed (or buy the chili sauce)
- 8-12 large flour tortillas
- Salt and pepper to taste

Saute onions (brown beef if using it) and mix in chicken. Combine with chili powder, salt and pepper. Reserve one cup cheese to use while serving. Spoon enough meat mixture and cheese on each tortilla to cover 1/3 of it. Roll tortilla beginning at filled edge. Place seam side down in a 13x9x2 in sprayed baking dish. When tortillas are completed, combine soup, sour cream and chilies to make sauce; pour over tortillas. Bake uncovered at 375 for 20-25 minutes. The last 10 minutes sprinkle cheese on top.

YUM! :) I usually make it with wild rice and have nacho chips. Tonight I'm mixing Rotel and Velveeta cheese to make a dip for the chips, along with having salsa.

Today after sleeping in (ahhhh) Eric and I cleaned up a LOT around the house. He did the dishes which were stacked pretty high, I vaccumed and cleaned the bathroom, and started three load of laundry. Eric got ambitious and started taking the stove top apart and cleaning it too! Then he set the oven on self-clean! I was impressed. Haha. I took the opportunity of this "cleaning mode" to clean out the fridge and wipe it down. It looks so good now. I LOVE the feeling of a clean house!

I went shopping this afternoon and got groceries and some new pillows for our couch. I am still on the lookout for a new bed set. I seriously have been looking for at least three months and haven't found anything good, or within our price range. I really want something modern and nice, like a slate color or something. Plus I want to buy Egyptian Cotton sheets. I'm already following this blog, "Bedding Envy" and she posts a new bed set every DAY and I haven't seen anything I really like. HELP!

Hope everyone has a great weekend! I'm going to enjoy some Purple Haze tonight! Anyone tried it before?




















2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun day/night! I haven't tried Purple Haze before but I'm curious to find out how it is!! How many calories? And did you think it tasted good? Do tell :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That purple haze looks yummy, you will have to let me know what you think! Hope you find the sheets that you have been looking for too! Gosh it started raining here and it is not supposed to stop, I think we traded weather, lol! Enjoy your yummy enchiladas, sounds so good!

    ReplyDelete