Sunday, December 13, 2009

Camping experience

It was a perfect weekend for camping! I was a little nervous because on Friday it called for 50% chance of rain on Saturday, but nothing was farther from the truth! It was gorgeous, cloudy, and didn't rain one drop. yay! We had a great time. Camping is kinda exhausting and relaxing at the same time.

The only pictures I have are from my phone, so I'm waiting on Eric's mom to upload hers and I'll steal them. We went canoeing on Saturday which was probably my favorite part of the trip. We saw a 5-6 ft. alligator on a log which was crazy! We were at Wekiva Springs and it was so peaceful and relaxing.

The best part of camping = sitting around the fire.



















My wonderful hubby:



















Camping = no makeup!















Me and my fantastic mother-in-law (I lucked out! I couldn't ask for better in-laws)



















I don't know what has gotten into me, but I am apparently becoming quite the cook. I made dinner every night while camping. The first night it was just burgers and hot dogs and baked beans. The second night it was my idea to get some chicken and tortellini! We had to buy a pot at Wal-Mart, but it turned out AMAZING. MMmmmmMMm. It was a huge hit.

I hope everyone else had a fantastic weekend! I'm ready for the new week! :) It's my last full week of work until Christmas! That is sooo hard to believe. The week of Christmas I only work Monday then I'm off until the following Monday. I can't wait!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun weekend! Only a few more days to suffer-- survive --through! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had an amazing time lady! Can you believe Christmas is just around the corner?!

    ReplyDelete