Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Whew

Sorry I have been deliquent in posting latley! We've been super busy this week, and it's only Tuesday. Whew. I'm going to write in bullet form!

- Monday was payroll at work, which is always a busy day. I got off at 4:30 because Eric wanted to drive to Orlando and surprise his mom on her birthday. There was so much traffic and it took is over an hour to get there! We picked up some flowers, a cupcake, a card and some wine on the way over. It was a fun night (even though she was sad because their family cat just died that day...). We ordered chinese, her and I had too much wine, and discussed plans to possibly go camping in a few weeks. I went with them last year by myself because Eric was deployed and it was lotsa fun! It would be even better that Eric can go this year! I hope my MIL had a happy birthday overall! <3 On the drive home I fell asleep and it felt like 5 minutes (thank you, White Merlot). Hehe.

- This morning was my third dermatologist appointment for the damn cyst on my neck. It was finally small enough and she removed it this morning! It was the wierdest thing to experience. She numbed the area and I couldn't feel a thing, but I could HEAR everything. She snipped it open, dug it out (gross), and put stitches in. The whole thing took about 10 minutes! The local anesthesia wore off pretty quick, and I'm definitely feeling it now. I have to wear a dumb bandage on it all week and go back next Tuesday to get the stiches out! I never thought the little thing would be such an ordeal. Seeesh.

- I can't believe this is the last full week until Thanksgiving. I work two days next week, then am off for the next five days! I'm getting a little nervous about cooking T-giving dinner... but am looking forward to decorating for Christmas!

- Speaking of Christmas, I haven't started shopping AT ALL (but that's typical of me) and I have NO IDEA what to get people. I love spending lotsa money, but last year Eric was deployed so we had lotsa money to spend. Hahah. This year I'm hoping not to break the bank.

- Eric was "told" to submit an application for a back-office job in his squadron that no one wants to do. It's some hard job dealing with finances or something like that. They asked him because he's so good at what he does and could handle it. He's not very excited about it. HOWEVER, his wife IS! Back office jobs are just like "regular" jobs, meaning: 8-5, having his own office, and weekends/holidays off!! That may seem normal to everyone else, but with him being military police they are alwayssss working weekends and holidays. I'm used to that, but am totally excited to get maybe a year or so of a normal schedule!

That's all for now! Have a great day everyone! :)

1 comment:

  1. Great news on your hubby's job offer, sounds good to me! :-) And I can't believe today is already the 17th. I keep catching myself correct our patients, and then realize I'M the one who needs correcting! Thanksgiving is coming up soo fast!

    ReplyDelete