Oh, and the lovely Kelly over @ Keeping up with Kelly & Co. gave me this award! Thanks girl! :)
The rules of this award are pretty simple. I have to list 10 interesting facts about myself, and then pass the award on to 10 lovely bloggers. I'll have to think of 10 things while I munch on Dove Peppermint Bark chocolates... mmmmmm.
1) I was homeschooled all the way through highschool! I never stepped foot in a "real" school. I probably won't homeschool my kids, but I appreciate that *I* was homeschooled. I turned out ok. :) Thanks mom!
2) I have never broken a bone
3) I drive a silver, VW New Beetle that gives me lots of mechanical problems :(
4) I grew up in Florida my whole life, with the exception of living in GA for about 3 months (doesn't count!), and PA for 2 years
5) I have a fear of the ocean and not being able to see what is beneath me. If I'm on a boat, fine. But don't stick me down in the water! Eeek! I'm terrified of sharks or stingrays (my dad was stung by one).
6) I used to have Super Ventricular Tachycardia, which means my heartbeat was too fast all the time. It just started happening when I was about 22, and I had to wear a 24-hour monitor to figure out what the problems was. While I was sleeping my heart rate was over 200! They first put me on medication that I had to take twice a day. I got tired of that after about a year, and I went to a series of doctors and specialists. Finally I was able to have surgery (a heart ablation) this past June. It's all better now, for the most part!
7) I can type 90-something words a minute
8) I've always wanted glasses, but have never needed them. Finally a few months ago I complained that my eyes were tired and bothering me from being on the computer so much, so I got my first eye appointment I can remember since I was like 5. I still have 20/20 vision, but the doc prescribed me the littlest prescritpion EVER - .50 - just for the computer. I went all out and got D&G glasses. Love them!
9) One of my favorite things to do is decorate for the holidays! I was always the one to decorate growing up, and I still go over to mom's and do most of her decorations.
10) Eric and I want to have kids someday (probably 2011), but I am terrified of childbirth. I think it's going to hurt so bad, and I'm gonna get fat and all stretched out. I know, I know... I've heard all the cliche's about "forgetting it all" when you hold your kid... but just humor me. I'm totally scared.
That was fun! Thanks again Kelly! (love your blog, BTW!)
So now I pass it on to my
- Ocean Dreams
- Love, life and laughter with Jenn
- Make it Luxe
- Booty and Brains
- It might seem crazy but we call it life
That is all for now! :)
Tomorrow I have to get up at like 6AM (on a Saturday -- I KNOW!) to volunteer at a work function - their annual "Walk for Love". At least I get to see everyone wearing my t-shirt design! I'll be sure to take pictures!
P.S. #13: Today I am thankful I was able to stay home and work a little bit, AND feel better and get so much accomplished. Oh, and the weather was gorgeous. It was a great day!
I saw this on Ocean Dreams blog...and I told her I might steal it (hehe, thanks girl, you're a doll!)... it's such a good quote! Very applicable!
Enjoy your weekend friends!