Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Very thankful

I've been neglecting my "thankful" posts a lot latley. However today I thought of one that really hits home.

I started listening to Christmas music today, and it reminded me of last year. My hubby was deployed already for about two months by this time. I was facing all of the holidays without him - Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years, and Valentines Day. I managed, with the help and support of my family and his, but let me just say:

I'M SO THANKFUL ERIC IS HOME FOR THE HOLIDAYS THIS YEAR!!!



















It was so hard going through them without him last year. I think Christmas was the worst. The way our phone calls worked was always off of his schedule, because he had to call me. I always felt so helpless to contact him if I needed to. I knew approx. when he was supposed to call, but sometimes he couldn't, and that's when things would go downhill in my head. I learned to stop assuming the worst eventually, but it's hard not to let your mind play tricks on you.

On Christmas day he couldn't call until later that night because the lines were soooo long with everyone else calling home! Oh my gosh, I don't miss those days. My heart aches for those who are going through deployments right now, especially over the holidays. I will be saying prayers for you!

1 comment:

  1. Aww, so glad that you get time with your love. This makes me really value the time with my Big Kiddo...my last blog post I was complaining about time with him but all things considered it seems like I should be more patient. You don't get to see your man for very long periods of time. I admire your strength.

    ReplyDelete