Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Thanksgiving plans

So I'm at my last day of work for the next 5 days, and can't stop thinking about it! It's so hard to work on days like this. I have a lot to do though, so I can't slack off or daydream for too long. :) I'm also getting the stitches out in my neck today, which is awesome. They've been driving me crazy!

So the hubby officially got the back office job! He's now in charge of "physical security" for the base. He'll have every weekend and holiday off, like normal people, and works normal hours during the day too. I did enjoy him having day off during the week (he could come meet me for lunch!) but I'm sure we can still meet for lunch in the middle somewhere, now that he actually has a lunch break. The only bummer is he doesn't get off this week until noon on Wednesday, and that means we have to drive seperately to my parents in Tampa and back to Orlando to see his parents. I'm driving over tonight beause I have a lot of cooking to do tomorrow!!

Speaking of cooking, here is the menu for Thanksgiving:

Turkey



















Stuffing



















Mashed potatoes and Gravy


















Green Bean Casserole















Salad















Pumpkin Patch Biscuits


















Cranberry Jello Salad



















Winter White Sangria



















And of course... PUMPKIN PIE!















I can't wait to start cooking and baking! It's gonna be great!

We're also decorating mom's house for Christmas on Wednesday. To get in the holiday spirit, I'm bringing over stuff to make my delish peppermint martinis! :)



















Happy Holidays Everyone! Enjoy the time with your friends and family! I know I will. :)

4 comments:

  1. Good luck focusing at work today :-) I bet your mind is going a mile a minute with Things To Do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad that your honey has more of normal hours, that must be a relief! Sorry you have to drive up separately but I hope you have a lovely time and enjoy your Thanksgiving!

    Thanks so much for your advice on my Compromise post...it was much appreciated! XO!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lemme know how it turns out! Love ya :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.Thats so great about your husband getting good hours and having off during the weekends

    ReplyDelete