Thursday, November 5, 2009

It's been a year

Today at work I have my annual review! I'm excited about it because I know it will be good, and it also means I'm getting a raise. :) YAY! My "one year" anniversary was technically November 3rd, even though I started as a temp in July of 08, I didn't "officially" become an employee until November 08. So really I've been here almost a year and a half. My supervisors are great, I love my job, and I learn new things every day! I work in the child welfare/social services industry, and it's a great feeling knowing I am helping vulnerable, underprivileged chidren stay safe and be successful.

As an anniversary gift, supervisor #1 gave me a gift card to a local salon/spa that give the BEST massages EVER. I plan on getting one next week! Supervisor #2 (the CEO) gave me some Victoria's Secret lotion!

Tomorrow I will be out of the office all day at an off-site meeting, then tomorrow night we're going out to City Walk with a bunch of Eric's friends. I can't wait! I'm going shopping after the meeting tomorrow and picking up a new shirt to wear! AND we're going to the Food and Wine Festival on Saturday! Gosh, this week has been one of the best weeks I can remember in a while. Really. I cant really put a finger on it, but I've just felt great, Eric and I are so in loooove, the weather has been scrumptious, I won a few things *wink*, and overall life couldn't be better.

Thanksgiving post #5: I am thankful for nephews JJ and Brandon!! I love them both to death!! I can't wait to see them this weekend. JJ is almost 2 1/2 and Brandon is 1 1/2. They are both so different and unique in their own ways. I have so much fun being an aunt!

Brandon (L) and JJ (R) watching the Backyardigans














JJ teaching Brandon all his tricks



Swimming in June!














Sharing Mr. Potatohead



Aunt Steph swimming with JJ


Aunt Steph and Brandon


2 comments:

  1. Way to go on the good review! It sure feels nice to feel appreciated, ya know? :-) Your nephews are adorable! Hope you're having a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay congrats for the good review and how nice to get a well needed massage! :) Your nephews are sooo cute, love all of the pictures. Enjoy your weekend love!

    ReplyDelete