Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Happy Veterans Day!

"We honor them not only because they are guardians of our liberty, but because they embody the spirit of service: a willingness to find meaning in something greater than themselves." (President Obama)



"A nation which forgets it's defenders will itself be forgotten."

THANK YOU to all of our men and women in uniform! You have my highest regard and I will always remember the sacrifices you make on a daily basis!

Additionally, thank you to the families (wives, girlfriends, parents, etc.) who support them. If you have ever gone through a deployment you already know why this role is so important. They couldn't do it without you.

This picture is me and my husband at the airport the day he returned from Iraq. I will ALWAYS remember the day he left, and the day he returned. Feelings of pride mixed with pain when he left (plus it was raining, and like 4AM... took me a while to get straightened out after that), then feeling anxious, excited and RELIEVED when I was finally back in his arms! :)


HAPPY VETERANS DAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment