Sunday, October 25, 2009

Weekend Adventures

This weekend we did a lot of walking. Saturday morning Eric and I walked a 5K for Making Strides Against Breast Cancer. There were thousands of people all dressed in my favorite color!















Eric's Grandma Isa and my Aunt Miriam have had/currently have cancer.


































I was surprised how sore my legs were after that walk! It took an hour and it was HOT out!

Saturday afternoon we went to a friend's house - it was her son Ethan's first birthday.We had fun chilling with some Air Force friends and feeling outnumbered by the kiddies. Not only that, but I'm sure we were the only couple there without kids. I'm ok with that for now. Hahah.



Saturday night we picked up Eric's younger brother Mikael and went to Halloween Horror Nights (more walking). Let me just say, it was overrated. Especially since tickets cost the most and the park is most crowded on Saturday nights. And beer was $9. Highway robbery! I mean it was fun, but the lines were too long and you waste so much time in line for a 5 minute experience. I didn't even get to go in the Saw haunted house because the line was 2.5 hours!!! What!! We were there for 4 hours and did three things - The Mummy ride, The Simpsons ride and The Wolfman haunted house (lame-o). The scariest part of the whole thing was the creepy "zombies" roaming the streets. Seriously, they got me quite a few times! By the end of the night my feet were about to fall off and I was exhausted (I'm getting old). Overall, I'm glad for the experience, and I know what to do differently next time!!

Oh, and Friday night I got my hair done and then Eric and I went to go see Law Abiding Citizen. It was great! You can't really tell, but here's my hair - nice and blonde again. :)




Tonight Eric and I got a few groceries at Publix until we have time to go shopping at the Commissary on base. It's amazing the difference in price. I love the quality and selection of Publix, but you just can't beat the base prices!

Well I'm kinda grumpy and our upstairs neighbors are having a very loud Yankee's party, so I'm going to listen to some Enya, mess around online then go to bed. They'll be lucky if I don't complain to the apartment complex in the morning. This isn't the first time, and I'm done being nice. Either that or have my husband, who happens to be the guys' supervisor, have him make up for it later. Haha. I'm kidding. (ok, not really)

I hope everyone had a fabulous weekend!

"I'm not anyone. I'm me."
- Gossip Girl (No, I don't watch it. It's just a good quote.)

3 comments:

  1. Love the hair! Sounds like a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw ya'll look cute in your lil matching tee's!

    i've never been to hhn. too bad it sucked :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go you for supporting the cause and taking a walk, definitely good for your health too. Glad you had a great weekend it is always nice being blonde again, your hair and you look great lovely!

    ReplyDelete