Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Sounds like life to me...

It's been a while since I've blogged, mostly because my life has been a combination of boring and stressful. Eric worked last weekend, so I went to Plant City to see my family. It was fun seeing them, and I also had lunch with Jen, which is always great! :)

Amira came with me and was a very good girl all weekend. She loves traveling, just like me! :)






































The stressful part of life is mainly the combination of work being busy, and me trying to keep up with my website business in the evenings and weekends. I really dislike working 9 hours a day at the office, then coming home and sitting in front of the computer for another few hours. My goal is to build up my website business and make it "real" over the next year. Then, October of 2010 Eric will be out of the military and we'll probably move to Orlando so he can join the Police Department. That is when I want to be able to stay home and run my business full time. It would be a great setup, because that's also when we want to start having kids! I'm really excited about the possibility, but for now, it's stressful!

Eric told me last night that with some changes happening on base, if he had longer in the military or if he re-enlisted, he would be deployed next June and every six months after that (like most security forces guys are). Thankfully he won't be, because he's getting out in October, but I think of all of the friends I know who ARE going through deployments right now, and I remember what it's like. I ran across this quote today that I LOVED when Eric was deployed, and just want to remind those girls to hang in there! You are stronger than you think!

"Distance is not for the fearful, it is for the bold. It's for those who are willing to spend a lot of time alone, in exchange for a little time with the one they love. It's for those knowing a good thing when they see it, even if they don't see it nearly enough."

P.S. I think I've officially given up on trying to have a popular blog!! I guess my life just isn't that interesting or something... haha. My friend Sarah has like 30 followers. I have 5. We've been blogging for the same amount of time. I don't get it! I give up! LOL

3 comments:

  1. Your blog is FABULOUS, and real... Not about silly crap. I love it ♥ And, you'd be surprised how many people read your blog, but aren't actually followers :P

    Good luck on the website stuff.. You have a good plan, and you know what you're doing. You can do it!!

    love ya

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of making your website business your main job! That's a good goal! Hopefully, with time, it will become an easier transition.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your layout! Really cute!!

    ReplyDelete