Friday, October 9, 2009

Oh, glorious weekend

It's been a good week, but I'm really looking forward to this weekend! I just met Eric for lunch, now he's on his way to physical therapy and to meet with my personal trainer for a workout.

I am definitely not the type to torture myself with scary movies, but I will watch a few. There is a diference between "scary" and "gorey" to me. Tonight I wanna watch the next "The Hills Have Eyes" movie with Eric! I saw the first one, and of course, I have to see the second. To me, those are more gross/gorey than scary. I'm also a fan of the Saw movies, and have watched every single one. It was a tradition Sarah and I started, but now that she moved away I have to find someone else to keep me in the theater chair!! haha. Last year Eric was deployed so Jen saw it with me... and she'll never do that again! (so she says... haha). This year, I'm planning a "Saw" marathon with Eric before the new one (Saw VI) comes out. It is so hard to keep up with the storyline now after five movies!

I'm warning you... don't watch this trailer if you don't like these kinds of movies! :)




I can't wait!

Plans for this weekend are (Saturday):

- Take Amira to the groomer
- Shop in Viera for Christmas cards, pumpkin, etc.
- Clean the bathroom
- Go to Eric's AF friend's party/BBQ
- Drive to Daytona and see my cousin Brandon and his wife Jessica to have fun! We're spending the night and going to some bar that has a $10 cover for drinks all night!

Sunday... hopefully relax and recover from Saturday. Haha.

Oh yeah, and President Obama winning a Nobel Peace Prize is completely insane to me. He was nominated less than two weeks into being President! Really?!? Let him have a chance to ACTUALLY make a difference, not just for "his efforts" towards making a difference. I want to copy a few quotes from an article in Slate that I loved:

"The committee can, of course, pick whomever it wants. But in his 1895 will, Alfred Nobel stipulated that the peace prize should go "to the person who shall have done the most or the best work for fraternity between the nations and the abolition or reduction of standing armies and the formation and spreading of peace congresses."

"The news came as such a shock that White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs responded to CBS News White House Correspondent Peter Maer with one word: "Wow."

"The award has essentially been given for the president's speechmaking ability... one debate will be whether Obama should turn down the prize, as Slate's Mickey Kaus suggests. That would be a slap to the committee, but since awards are being given for atmospherics, let's consider the atmospherics of such a move. Obama could easily write the justifying language: He's honored and humbled but he has merely articulated the common aspirations of all mankind. As it is mankind's global challenge, no one man can claim a prize with so much work left to be done. It is rather for us to be here dedicated to the great task remaining before us. (Ben Rhodes and Jon Favreau could certainly find the language.)

In the quarters where his speechmaking and diplomatic flair are praised, such a performance will only enhance his reputation. His critics will be dumbfounded. The arrogance rap will fade. Obama would immediately become the favorite for next year's Nobel Prize for Humility."

(see the full article here: http://www.slate.com/id/2231909/?GT1=38001)

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun weekend! You got a busy Saturday missy... I agree about the prize!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i wish i could go see saw w/you :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my gosh you are crazyyyyy!! And no more saw movies for me! :D

    about the prize.. read this:

    http://westcoastwitness.com/2009/10/09/awards-we-dont-deserve/

    We have something in common with Obama... An award we don't deserve.

    ReplyDelete