Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Texas Roadtrip and Labor Day Weekend

Last Friday I flew to TX and met Eric. He was at Lackland AFB for 7-level training, and we decided to make a vacation out of it. When I got to San Antonio, even though it was late, we went out to dinner at Cheddar's. *yum* It was then I realized I would probably gain a few pounds over the next four days... Texas portions are HUGE!!




















The next day (Saturday) we went to Schlitterbahn, a big waterpark in Texas. It was fun, but overrated I think. We don't have any pictures, but here's a few pictures I found online. :)






































That night we went out to the Riverwalk and the Alamo.
















































Us at the Alamo - my first time visiting!





























The riverwalk


































We ate at this German restaurant recommended to me by a co-worker, called Schilo's. It was pretty good... but the best part was their home made root beer! Never had anything better!



































We did some more shopping downtown for souvenirs.















The next day (Sunday) we drove all day... stopped in Houston to have lunch with one of Eric's old AF buddies and his girlfriend, then made our way to Louisiana.















We stayed with another friend of Eric's, Blair, and her boyfriend Jesse (both in the Air Force). They were so much fun and very gracious!















Real Louisiana food at Blind Tiger. I had crab cakes and crawfish sauce... which was actually pretty good!















After that we went down the street to this bar, where the boys played games and the girls talked for hours.




















The next day (Monday) I got up an ran a couple of miles at a nearby track along a river. I was aching from being in the car so much, and it felt SO good to get out and run!! After that, we were back on the road, headed to Pensacola, FL to see my Grandmother and stayed with her that night. I don't have any pictures from that, except this is the Battleship Memorial along the way.















Finally on our way home Tuesday morning. I have to say, this was a very boring day. You know the vacation is over, and plus, *I* drove all the way. :)




















Maybe I've forgotten my "cowgirl" days, but these horses we saw at a gas station were HUGE! lol. I just had to take a picture.















Finally - home sweet home!!
















We had lots of fun, and plenty of quality time together in the car. I am glad to be home again though! There's nothing like it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment