Monday, September 14, 2009

Oh, Monday

Monday's aren't my favorite day of the week (and yes, I do know someone who loves Mondays!) Usually I drag my feet and don't even start working for a couple of hours, unless I absolutely have to. Today, for example, I perused PerezHilton.com and checked my facebook while crunching on Special K crackers for breakfast. Very intellectually stimulating.

However, this week is kinda more exciting than most because it's Employee Appreciation Week at our office. I've been on the "planning committee" for this so I know what's going on, and it's pretty exciting. For example, we get to wear jeans all week! Tomorrow we're having lunch catered and our management team is serving everyone. Oh, and this morning my supervisor totally surprised me with these pretty flowers!! How sweet is she!



















In addition to all of that, I started thinking today about the holidays and all the parties that go along with them. I really, really want to have a Christmas party this year, but I'm torn over where to have it. We only have a small, one-bedroom apartment, which isn't exactly ideal for hosting a party. But I'd rather have it there then rent some place... it would seem more impersonal. I also don't want to use someone's house, because then it wouldn't really feel like "my" party. That is still up in the air. The fun part is planning the theme! I have lots of ideas, but it's going to be hard to decide! Here are some that I like:

Cookie decorating/exchange:



















Winter Wonderland/White Christmas:
















Christmas on the beach:




















Sigh... So many ideas!! I just can't decide yet. If anyone has ideas please let me know! I want to set a date soon so people can mark their calendars.

Happy Monday Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment