Thursday, October 15, 2009

Frenemies

Dear blog readers: This is a post I wrote a couple of months ago to someone who, I am sure, still reads my blog. I didn't post it at the time, because I gave myself a "waiting period". Maybe I shouldn't, but regardless, I'm posting it. Sue me.

---------------------

Frenemy
"A commonly used term to describe two people who are apparently friends, but actually dislike each other."
I had a big blog planned out, just for you to read, because I know you will. You're desperate like that, and I know you just can't help yourself.

However, I've decided that you're not worth the time and effort it would take to write it. You're not worth the time it takes to be angry at you... the space you take up in my brain is much better used for more important things.

Besides, I know how to be the bigger person. I know what conflict resolution is. If I'm not mistaken, there is much more to it then clicking "delete friend" on facebook, but I wouldn't expect you to understand that. Plus, I'm not interested in kissing your ass anymore and pretending you're not a bi-polar panic attack waiting to happen.

The funny thing is, you read my blog about friendship ("Pet Peeves"), and got offended because you ASSumed I was talking about you. Hahah.

I wasn't.

But that's the funny part - you just admitted you WERE doing the things I was writing about by getting upset. It's like you're guilty by association. Congratulations!

Unlike you, who said we were only "friends" because our husbands knew each other, I considered you a friend. I should've known, by round 4 of the drama queen riding her emotional roller coaster, that you were not a true friend. I have plenty of those, and you're definitely not one of them. Oh yeah, that's because my friends actually talk to me; they have the maturity to work out differences and think about someone other than themselves.

Girl, if pretty is a pretty does, you are mighty ugly.

So please, have a nice life. This will be the last time I spend any amount of time thinking about you.

Good riddance.

P.S. Oh, and even though you and I will never, EVER be friends again, I hope you're not too naive to remember my husband and yours were friends for 13 years before you or I came along. You should know that means something, and allow yourself to accept that fact. Stop getting in the way.

4 comments:

  1. Ouch! But oh so true.. People that bring negativity in your life are a waste of brain space and energy. Seems as though your better off without this person in you life

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooohhhhhhh stephanie..... ;)

    Well, you gave yourself quite a waiting period, so that was your way of knowing whether you should still post.

    Good riddance INDEED!

    ReplyDelete
  3. well i must admit that i have a similar situation going on in my life and am unsure about blogging about it as well. you are 100% right..these people are not worth the time or energy we spend on them! good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it!! Seriously, we all have people that come in and out of our lives that this post could apply too!

    ReplyDelete