Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Why not?

Hello world -

I have long avoided creating a blog for many reasons, but mainly because they made me feel like I must have something to write about and I must be witty and creative while doing it. This time around I decided to forget all of that, and gave in. I decided on a theme, which inspired me to create my title, "The Mrs.". (the totally cute backgrounds Jen discovered didn't hurt either! The designer in me couldn't resist ...)

I've been married to my wonderful husband, Eric, for just over a year. Now hold on - before you think this is going to be some sappy blog all about how wonderful married life is - think again. This is my blog to articulate my thoughts and feelings about my life as I now know it being Mrs. Strodtman. Throughout that process there may be tints of sappiness, anger, military-isms, and blank stares. I speak the truth, tend to be highly critical of myself and others, and don't say "I'm sorry" very easily (just ask Eric). I'm still learning and growing with the best of 'em.

I turned 24 on July 11th. I have an adorable black Pomeranian, Amira, which means "Princess" in Arabic. My husband and I had our first date in Paris, France. He is in the United States Air Force - Security Forces. He is 110% law enforcement... it's in his blood. This means I have learned to "watch my surroundings", "lock the door when you walk the dog", and most importantly learn that he has little to no control over his schedule. We live in Melbourne, Florida in a 1-bedroom apartment. I work as an Executive Assistant to the CEO of a local child-welfare agency. Eric will be in the military until October of 2010, at which time he plans/hopes to join the local police department.

So this is my life. It's a life of many unknowns, uncontrollable deployment schedules, happiness, working hard, and being newlywed. It's where we are for now, and I'm making the most of it.

"Love is an ideal thing, marriage a real thing." (Goethe)

1 comment:

  1. YAY blog buddy!

    Oooh love that quote at the end... And I have to give credit to my friend Tara for shabbyblogs.com. Her find :)

    ReplyDelete